Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home warranty plans

tag
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: Home warranty plans

I stopped recommending any of the companies because I haven't seen one that is good overall. Just too many exclusions and the trip fee (co-pay) has increased tremendously on Am Home Shield.

You could check out ECM Home Warranty, but I think they only service S Florida area (not sure of its reach)

Old Republic Home Protection has a good reputation. I still recommend reading the contract of any home warranty you consider.

Message 11 of 14
compassion101
Established Contributor

@StartingOver10 wrote:

I stopped recommending any of the companies because I haven't seen one that is good overall. Just too many exclusions and the trip fee (co-pay) has increased tremendously on Am Home Shield.

You could check out ECM Home Warranty, but I think they only service S Florida area (not sure of its reach)

Old Republic Home Protection has a good reputation. I still recommend reading the contract of any home warranty you consider.

So would you think it's fairly reasonable not to get any type of home warranty?

Message 12 of 14
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

@compassion101 wrote:

@StartingOver10 wrote:

So would you think it's fairly reasonable not to get any type of home warranty?

Yes, but consider getting something to cover your HVAC system only.  JMO.  Everyone has a different idea of what is wise use of funds and to me the warranty's have become more expensive and not worth their costs to the consumer.

Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had the seller throw in a one year AHS warranty as part of the contract. At this point, though the home inspection didn't uncover any major problems, the house is still an unknown entity and that gives me a year (for free) to have some kind of cushion for unforeseen breakdowns. I'll re-evaluate the situation when my one free year expires and then go from there.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.