Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Homebuyer Tax Credit Status

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Homebuyer Tax Credit Status

For those of you who filed your tax credit as an amendment to your 2009 taxes.  How do you check the status of your refund?  Did you go to IRS website and clicked on "Check on Your Refund" ; then on "Where's My Refund"? 

If so, what amount do you place in refund amount?  The $8k? or what your original tax amount would have been if you had filed all at once?

Not sure if this question makes sense to anyone, but I'm just curious.  I have been checking the status and can't get anywhere.  so I'm wondering if it's just user error (me).

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Homebuyer Tax Credit Status

You have to call the IRS directly to get an update.  I closed May 3rd, mailed off my amended return and all required paperwork on May 17th.  Called on June 30th (Fresno) they said it was processed and I should have a check within 3-4 weeks and if I did not ~call back. 

They give you a window of 12-16 weeks for it to process etc. but I see where some people get it in as little as 6 weeks and others still waiting 22 weeks later! GOOD LUCK on seeing your $$ FASSTTT!!

Message 2 of 5
lownav67
Established Member

Yes, can't get update online for amended return.

I sent my amended return to IRS first week of May and just got check this week dated 7/9 (so about 10 weeks for me)

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

You have to call the IRS, don't use their 1-800 line listed on the website, it takes forever to get through their automated system. The number I used was 1-800-829-0582. They gave me the "12 - 16 week" spiel but I ended up getting my return in just under 7 weeks (granted I did call them once a week to check the status so that may have helped). This was through the Austin, TX IRS site.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you all for your help.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.