cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hopeing to get a mortgage within the next year need answers please?

tag
serenity72
New Contributor

Hopeing to get a mortgage within the next year need answers please?

Now that I looked over my reports with a fine tooth comb I notice that I only have student loans and medical bills to pay off. Both of these together equal debt that is approximately $12,000. I heard student loans are one of the best things to have on a CR though first is this true and 2nd if true should I make payments on them and ask just for the lates to be deleted or pay it off totally and ask for the lates to be deleted. In getting a loan would it make a difference in the lenders eyes how I did this? Also would it make a difference with how much my score would increase by?

For the hospital bills any suggestions with those? I tried to dispute them with no avail. I did this a couple of times stating I had hardship. I think they would have been more lienent if the amount was lesser. For the medical bills I have about $5000 in debt, alot being from the same place.

Other than this, what else can I do to raise my score the best I can within the year. I have a secured card now that I just got so I am using that as well. Other than that not sure what else can be done. Thanks for everyones help.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
serenity72
New Contributor

Re: Hopeing to get a mortgage within the next year need answers please?

anyone please or should I move the post to another area? TY
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Hopeing to get a mortgage within the next year need answers please?

Serenity, I also heard about student loans being "good debt" in the eyes of lenders, but I have no idea if that is really true. Debt is debt, but maybe mortgage lenders have a more forgiving eye towards student loans. There is a good thread authored by NewWorldMan called "let's talk mortgages" which might be able to help you. I am learning myself on this board and I'm sorry that I can't be more helpful. There are some mortgage pros on this board and perhaps they can help you. Good luck.

Message Edited by taz on 07-30-2007 01:33 PM
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.