Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

House price now shows differently on site

tag
xazilizax
New Contributor

House price now shows differently on site

The house was 89,900. It dropped from 92,900.  I offered 96,040 which seller accepted and seller pays 2885.00 closing costs.  Do you think I offered too much above asking price? I wanted the house cause I love it.  

Note: I found the house on Realter.com.  When I just looked at the site again, it shows Pending Sale (which is me) and the price now shows $94,900.  Why is it showing a wrong price when I offered 96,040?

Also, I wanted to roll the remaining closing costs into my USDA loan.  My LO said I can only do that if the Appraisal comes back higher than the asking price.

This is so stressful.  I really, really hope it's worth more so I can get the closing costs rolled in.  I already gave $1000 earnest money, $450 Appraisal, and $350 for home inspection.  I'm running low on funds.   Pray for me.  Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

Re: House price now shows differently on site

I don't know how truly accurate realtor.com is on home prices before the sale. Our home was listed for $352,900 but when we started looking at the property, the builder said that he would knock the price down to $347,909 but realtor.com didn't update the price until the house went into "Sold" status a couple of days ago and we closed 2/6/13. A few days after our earnest money cleared, realtor.com removed the price and put "House Just Taken Off Market" status on the home. So they remove the price when the house goes off the market. Your house should go off the market soon on realtor.com and then the website will update after you close with the actual price paid. Make sense?
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 2 of 9
xazilizax
New Contributor

Oh ok...Yes it does.  I just looked at the site some more and 94,900 was actually the original listing price.  Anyway,  if that was the original list price, does that mean that's how much the house is worth after an appraisal?   I am asking because since the price dropped to 89,900 and I offered 96,040, I am a little worried because I need the remaining closing costs to be rolled into my loan.  My LO said that can only happen if the appraisal comes back higher.  Does the appraisal have to be higher than my offer or the 89,900?

Message 3 of 9
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Hows to be higher then the selling price on contract.

If the appraisal comes in at 90k if you still wanted the house you would be paying the difference plus closing cost unless you can get seller to lower price.

For others reading. There is never a need to offer more then the selling price unless 100% you may have someone else putting in an offer. Worse that happens they reject your offer. You can always try and negotiate from there.

You can ask your buyer realtor for comparison to get an idea what it should appraise for. If you dont have a buyers realtor I suggest you use one from now on.
Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 4 of 9
Tay09
Regular Contributor

I hope it works out for you!  I don't think you should have offered above the asking price, especially without knowing how much it will be appraised for. 

Message 5 of 9
MzKoli
Contributor

If you dont mind sharing: What was your motivation for offering more than the asking price?

Message 6 of 9
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

From the post motivation was they loved the house.

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 7 of 9
xazilizax
New Contributor

My motivation for asking more is that 1-I LOVE the house and 2-there were other offers on the table.  Did I make a bad move?

The house was reduced to 89,900.  My realter was surprised it was that low.  I am just hoping that it is worth more than my appraisal so that I don't have to go through the stressful negotiations and having to come up with more money and what not.  Guess I'll just have to wait and see.  Pray all goes smoothly for me.

Message 8 of 9
mauve
Valued Contributor

I offered above asking price 2 years ago when there were at least 2 other offers... my offer was accepted. Then the appraisal came in low, and it was annoying to deal with the seller (who was not a person, but Freddie Mac), but I did get them to come down to 1k below the asking price (my offer had been 6k over). It pretty much all worked out. Essentially, if the appraisal comes out low, you go back to negotiating. Your advantage is that they already know you want the house and they've put time into you as a buyer. Your bid was the most attractive one, and if the appraisal comes in low, they can work with you or they have to think about whether or not they want to do the same thing with a lower bidder. My guess is they'll work with you.

Starting Score: EQ 583 TU04 619 EX 592 (lender pull) 2010
Previous High Score: EQ 700 TU04 712 EX 726
Current Score: EQ 740 TU(Discover) 750 EX(AMEX) 747
Goal Score: 740+ all around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.