Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Housing Prices Going Up???!!!???

tag
justjunie928
New Contributor

Housing Prices Going Up???!!!???

Just trying to gauge the market everyone..... Is your area experiencing an increase in the housing market?  I live in the DFW area and was told by one agent over the weekend that housing prices are starting to go up by 2-3% per month.....

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

Re: Housing Prices Going Up???!!!???

I am in the DFW area too, prices are climbing fast right now. The house I have a contract on to build has gone up over 20k in less then a year.

We also made a ton on our home and it sold fast. We sold in Frisco and moving to Prosper.

Message 2 of 17
justjunie928
New Contributor

Yep, the house I was looking at in Sachse went up 12K in 4 months.... I was floored.  It took me over the FHA limit for this area and I won't be ready to buy for another 3 months..... Smiley Frustrated  The price will be thru the ceiling by then

Message 3 of 17
indecison
Regular Contributor

I have experienced the price increases as well. The house we are building in Wylie is 10K more expensive than it was when we first started looking at this builder 2 years ago. I hope this trend keeps going since we close in about 2 to 3 weeks. Would love to see equity in the house.

Message 4 of 17
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

If you put in a contract to build you will be locked in to that price. if you are 3 months outs id contract now since it will take 6 - 7 months to build.

Message 5 of 17
Sunshine85
Frequent Contributor

I live in FL, and prices have definitely started creeping back up. I think our market hit its bottom at the end of last year. Things within my price range <$130k, that are in decent shape, go under contract within days. I've put two full price offers in on homes, and lost out both times, which tells me the accepted offers must have been more than the listing price. The builders have been increasing their prices as well, and some are no longer paying closing costs, as they were in the last few years.
Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I live in Utah...so not anywhere near you. But prices in our area have been going up for new construction. Existing homes have been fairly steady. I am so so glad we are under contract for our house and have our price locked. We were planning on having to wait another 3 - 6 months to buy and watching the prices go up has been very very stressful.

Message 7 of 17
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

The house that I purchased for 163k is now on zillow estimate at 224k based on comparable sales and listings in my neighborhood.

The duplex I purchased for 175k in 2008 is now worth 219k based on sales of duplexes within a 1 mile radius of mine.

In Tilda area it never dropped. It didn't climb a lot but it never went down.
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 8 of 17
LondonMassey
Frequent Contributor

I'm in Vegas and went under contract in March for a short sale. The house initially sold when built for close to 200k. I'm contracted at 55k. Since going under contract, the appraisal last month came in at 60k and now same builds in the same community are on the market for 75k. I'm supposed to close in 7 days... right now I am clear to close for the loan but the assistance program I am using for closing costs is fighting with my LO over an $850 administration fee. If they don't work it out, I'll lose the house... and can't afford to get another one.
Cap1(sc) 550, Cap1 750, Walmart 750, Home Depot 3000, Amazon 700, US Bank 1500, Childrens Place 1100, JC Penney 700, Old Navy 700, PayPal 700, Torrid 700, Lane Bryant 150, Avenue 500, OSP 500, Amex Blue 2000, Disc it 1000, Walmart Disc 2200, Old Navy Visa 1700, Mortgage 09-2012, Car Loan 03-2013

Current Score: EQ 665 EX 687 TU 695

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 17
Sunshine85
Frequent Contributor

@LondonMassey wrote:
I'm in Vegas and went under contract in March for a short sale. The house initially sold when built for close to 200k. I'm contracted at 55k. Since going under contract, the appraisal last month came in at 60k and now same builds in the same community are on the market for 75k. I'm supposed to close in 7 days... right now I am clear to close for the loan but the assistance program I am using for closing costs is fighting with my LO over an $850 administration fee. If they don't work it out, I'll lose the house... and can't afford to get another one.

Oh no! I hope they get it worked out. I've been following your story and you've waited so patiently. Would you be able to pay the fee as part of your closing costs if needed?

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.