Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Housing Prices Going Up???!!!???

tag
LondonMassey
Frequent Contributor

Re: Housing Prices Going Up???!!!???

No, the assistance program is supposed to pay my closing costs. I did ask if they could add it to my loan and that was a no. I have no spare money as it's all tied up in the earnest money. I also stopped getting child support in June and my son's disability was withheld at the same time. The disability alone is $1650 and I've missed out on $1400 in child support at the same time. I just want to pull my hair out!!
Cap1(sc) 550, Cap1 750, Walmart 750, Home Depot 3000, Amazon 700, US Bank 1500, Childrens Place 1100, JC Penney 700, Old Navy 700, PayPal 700, Torrid 700, Lane Bryant 150, Avenue 500, OSP 500, Amex Blue 2000, Disc it 1000, Walmart Disc 2200, Old Navy Visa 1700, Mortgage 09-2012, Car Loan 03-2013

Current Score: EQ 665 EX 687 TU 695

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I actually just listened to a news story this morning about rising housing prices. According to the story housing prices have gone up over 3% nationwide. They mentioned my area specifically and housing prices have gone up over 9% here. 

Message 12 of 17
bellrod44
Contributor

I actually just had an offer accepted last Thursday for $10K over the list price. It went on the market Wednesday afternoon and had 4 offers by Thursday morning. My agent was told that my offer was higher by just dollars over the next offer.

Cards in my wallet: BofA 1-2-3 Rewards - $3,000 (5/2012), Walmart - $350 (9/2012), Home Depot - $500 (10/2012), US Bank - $1,000 (11/2012)
Message 13 of 17
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

That's the kind of market we are experiencing. Multiple offers on everything that is priced within market ....many offers going above list.

However, if the property needs lots of work (kitchens and roofs for example) the property sits. For some reason the banks expect the buyers to pay retail PLUS do the work!

It's very strange...we have a lack of inventory in nearly every price point...from low to high.

Message 14 of 17
Gracie15
Valued Member

Oh, I really hate to hear this. I also live in the DFW area. Looking to buy in the Burleson area. I am not ready to jump yet, I need just a couple more months. I am pretty new to the area, so if anyone has any suggestions about what lender to use, I would appreciate it. FHA or USDA. Thanks.

Starting Score: EQ: 559 Score Watch
Current Score: EQ: 646 TU: 667 EX: 664 Lender Pull
Goal Score: 640

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 15 of 17
justjunie928
New Contributor

Feels like many of us are just at the point within 3 to 4 months we will be fully in the market, but if prices continues to go up at the current pace, we will be knocked out of the market for the homes we've been looking at....  but we want prices to go up (after the 3 or 4 months) so we can get that equity...... Smiley Frustrated

Message 16 of 17
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Let me clarify my post...I'm in S Fl (not DFW).

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.