Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I raise my mortgage scores?

tag
amclaughlin42
Regular Contributor

How do I raise my mortgage scores?

I've been trying to raise it a year, whats the trick to this?

a year ago all I had was an account I was an Authorized User on. 
I now have an auto loan, personal loan, and a store card. 

all payments made on time, carrying high balances currernly. But working on getting those paid down. 

current middle mortgage 595, I need a 640. I would like to qualify in the next 6 months to begin the home purchasing process.

Cards: CreditOne AMEX - $600, Cap1 QS - $500, Avant-$300, Cap1 WM Store - $300
GOAL - Chase FU - Goal Score 725
07/2021 - Experian 675 Equifax 673 Transunion 688
07/2019 - Experian 623 - Equifax 628 - Transunion 622
04/2019 - Experian 597 - Equifax 610 - Transunion 619
01/2017 - Experian 479 - Equifax 457 - Transunion 461
04/2017 - Experian 502 - Equifax 473 - Transunion 476
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How do I raise my mortgage scores?

When you pay your high balances down, you should see a point boost. How long have you had these loans and cards? How much is your loan? 

Message 2 of 4
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Are you building or rebuilding your credit profile?

Are there derogatories or delinquencies that need to be addressed?

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@amclaughlin42 wrote:

I've been trying to raise it a year, whats the trick to this?

a year ago all I had was an account I was an Authorized User on. 
I now have an auto loan, personal loan, and a store card. 

all payments made on time, carrying high balances currernly. But working on getting those paid down. 

current middle mortgage 595, I need a 640. I would like to qualify in the next 6 months to begin the home purchasing process.

If you just started a year ago you need age, you need time to pass. But you need more revolvers to begin with, preferably 5 for the best mortgage scores and then you need to have no balances on any card except for one bankcard with only a small balance.

when you get your revolving balances down to almost nothing and only report a balance on one bankcard, you will be at the best score you can get for now; age will bring the rest.

now if you can get added as an authorized user to some older cards with perfect payment history or be added as a joint to the same type of card, that might give you a shortcut. 

you haven't given us any profile information so it's kind a hard to say anything else. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.