cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do extended graduated student loan payments appear on credit report?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do extended graduated student loan payments appear on credit report?

The final step in my approval process is verifying student loans.  I am going for a conventional loan and my DTI is at the upper limit.  As a result, I switched my student loan repayment plan to extended graduated, and that dropped my monthly payment by about half.  With that payment, I qualify for the conventional loan.  I am having difficulty getting a loan verification letter and so the underwriter is asking the rapid rescore company to update the info on my credit report to reflect my monthly payment and the terms of my repayment program.  My question is, will the underwriter be satisfied with an extended/graduated repayment program?  Will my monthly payment and length of repayment show on my credit report?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
H-B
Regular Contributor

Re: How do extended graduated student loan payments appear on credit report?

With rapid scoring your credit report will be updated by new payment. You should be fine but do get proof of payment from your company for U/W. 

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How do extended graduated student loan payments appear on credit report?

My lender amortized the loan out based on the balances so I had more debt than on my credit report. I have a really low DTI so it was not a concern.  You need to talk to your lender how they handle student loans on graduated/IBR terms because if they do what my lender did, you don't want to find out about it a few days before closing.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.