Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long can we shop around ?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How long can we shop around ?

So far so good

Officially signed the app and disclosures. New LO is sending it all to underwriter today to hopefully have an iinitial answer by next week. We are going the USDA route. We were able to get Gus accept/eligible. DTI is within guidelines and since 0% down we show some reserves but it’s not required but helps.

The only thing we needed was a letter of explanation about the 9 month gap. May be more conditions though after UW. LO thinks the letter is great and has been referring all this info to her USDA underwriter. Guidelines are iffy about the gap. It says must have no gaps however lists some exceptions which we may fit in but its all lenders discretion on if it’s stable and dependable. LO said it looks good so that’s a good sign. So ultimately it’s up to the lenders underwriter not USDA. 

We got Gus approved but just a bit concerned about the recent new account from Verizon showing a paid charge off. It’s on a report but LO didn’t mention it. I guess GUS ignored it since we are at 673 mid score. It’s only reporting on TU but if it reports on the other two it’ll drop the score. USDA guideline says report expires after 120 days but not sure if lender will do another pull. Either way it wont be a new thing if it reports to EQ and EX but it’ll certainly drop mid score which may or may not matter?

Agent is fully aware of the situation. He knows this new Lender and said he would have recommend her (small town) so he’ll be in touch with her too. 

Praying we we get good news next week. 

Message 21 of 44
JVille
Valued Contributor

Fingers crossed!
Message 22 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

File has been in underwriting since last Friday! I was hoping to get an answer by today. It’s been a week!

i don’t know how we are going to make it through this 3 day weekend. So much anxiety. 

Message 23 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

Updates?

Message 24 of 44
JVille
Valued Contributor

On another thread she reports file in Underwriting now 2 weeks (ya BS) and LO won’t return multiple calls :0
Message 25 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you

Message 26 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

I’m not sure where to update so I’ll go here! 

Finally heard back back from LO and she said they are backed up because of the short week. So still in underwriting... she said the appraisal and title work have been ordered though. 

Message 27 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

We got the initial approval! LO is getting a list together of conditions. I have no idea what they are. Hopefully it’s easy stuff. Than it’s USDA approval anxiety. 

Can’t wait for this to be over but happy for some progress!

Message 28 of 44
JVille
Valued Contributor

Congratulations!!!! Another step closer to owning your own home Smiley Happy
Message 29 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not sure why things with this lender seem to drag. She said yesterday there was a list of things they needed. Never got it. Emailed LO and she said they are working on getting the list to me. She’s going away for a couple days but processor and assistant will be there. Don’t know why it would be a whole process to get a list to email me if the underwriter already responded. 

I have a feeling its going going to be a week till I see this list. Last week she said the appraisal was ordered. I asked if there’s a date yet. Just crickets 

I am grateful to be moving forward especially after the last two lenders didn’t even try but it’s all taking a lot longer than we’d like. 

Message 30 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.