Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long can we shop around ?

tag
JVille
Valued Contributor

Re: How long can we shop around ?

Call and ask to speak with her Pricessor or Assistant. If you get the run around ask to speak with the manager.
What kind of lender is this? Branch office of a bank or credit union? Does you Realtor know this lender? Your Realtor should be able to call and get an update, exactly what kind of lender is this.

My BS meter is screaming!
Message 31 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

They are an independent mortgage lender with multiple branches throughout the country. I’m working with the local branch and my agent has worked with her before. He actually said he would have recommended her if we hadn’t gone to her first. They have great local reviews.  He gets the same updates I do so we have both been In the dark trying to patiently wait. I don’t know exactly how persistent he’s been but we seem to be getting the same updates. 

Message 32 of 44
JVille
Valued Contributor

Just call her Assistant and have her email you the Conditions and then verify when the appraisal was ordered and the date expected back.
Message 33 of 44
JVille
Valued Contributor

Any update??
Message 34 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes! LO finally got back to me. All they needed were a couple simple explanation letters that she had already typed out for me that just needed a signature and a  paystub. That’s it. Seems too easy! Also the appraisal was done a couple days ago too so seems like things are moving along. Still need USDA approval but we are 3 weeks away from closing so hopefully enough time. I think turn around time is only 2 days. 

Message 35 of 44
JVille
Valued Contributor

FABULOUS 🎉🎉🎉
Message 36 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

"Gera81 New Contributor
‎05-12-2018 12:55 PM
He is the listing agent and also our agent. So yes he is getting the full commission."

Such a bad idea. Did this with our first buy and he screwed us over so bad in every single area he could. False advice all the way around. Not saying yours will, but terrible thing to do. He lost his job by the way but we were still screwed.
Message 37 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was a bit concerned going the dual agency route but it’s been smooth so far. We got our offer accepted at 30k below asking and the asking price was already pretty low after only being listed for a couple days. So even he was surprised that the seller accepted. We live in a smallish town and he’s a pretty well known realtor. I’ve been pretty happy with the choice we made but don’t think we’ll do it again in the future. I just don’t feel comfortable telling him EVERYTHING since I know he can tell the seller too.

But so far we’ve all been pretty open. The seller is a wonderful older lady who we have been in touch with personally now as well. She has a beautiful garden she has worked on for years and sadly I know nothing about flowers so she’s being “training” me lol.
Message 38 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

We got the appraisal report Tuesday and we have to fix some peeling paint on almost all the exterior windows. We may be able to do it ourselves but husband will only have the weekend and it’s calling for rain and husband doesn’t really want to do it himself (I’m no help as I’m 7 months pregnant). I got one quote so far and it’s $1800. It’s going to be on us because seller went so below asking and gave us 3k at closing so seems fair I guess. We agreed to do any repairs. We are trying to get this done ASAP. 

seller is nervous we wont be able to close and keeps asking if it’s for sure that we qualify  and will be able to close. I just tell her we are on track but nothing is certain till closing like in every RE transaction. She’s nervous because she has a rental lined up and I told her we are in the same boat as we gave notice to our rental and have to leave no matter what at the end of the month as another tenant is moving in. 

Also Lo doesn’t seem to answer my questions about timeline. I messaged her a few days ago whether loan will go to USDA after fix or is the fix a condition for closing. I have no idea. I feel rushed now because we only have 2 weeks. And she won’t answer turn around time for USDA either. 

Message 39 of 44
JVille
Valued Contributor

Once again I need to ask where your Realtor is and why is this person not helping you solve the problem?
Does your husband have a couple friends/family who can help? A couple Black & Decker hand held sanders (24.99 at Lowe’s) one person sands while the other comes right behind and paints.

Your Agent (you purchased direct from the listing agent if I’m not mistaken?) agent should be dealing with the seller and not you. That agent is double siding (both sides of the commission) and has financial motivation to help you all get this done. Get your **bleep** Agent to do their job!
Message 40 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.