Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long did it take to get approved USDA

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How long did it take to get approved USDA

I am in the process of sending out our information to our mortgage guy and was wondering how long it took you to get approved?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How long did it take to get approved USDA

We knew in 48 hours
Message 2 of 7
granny031350
Established Contributor

mine was turned in on a Wed and I heard back on Monday following
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

im waitin to hear back too, but its only been two days.......Taylor Bean is doing mine........fingers crossed!Smiley Indifferent
Message 4 of 7
Alpha
New Contributor

Mine has been in underwriting for over 6 weeks. according to my LO Taylor Bean has had it since Mid feb. my realtor and i suspect something else is going on. I have a 660 mid score. excellent DTI and a two year old BK with 6 accounts since the BK and a flawless paymernt history since BK. supposedly a week ago i was approved with "Conditions" I met those conditions before the end of the day friday and now i'm waiting to hear back. one thing Taylor Bean did that was unusual was they required a "head and shoulders" inspection by the appraiser I was told this was normally a FDHA thing but now they are requiring it on USDA too.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Our LO told us that it is taking 8-9 days for USDA to approve mortgages after they leave the underwriter. They're really backed up right now.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I to am wondering how long it can take USDA to approve the final file.  The mortgage company in my case countrywide sent our completed file in back on March 20th we where to close on the 31st of March but the day before closing we found out that USDA still had not signed off on the paperwork yet.  Our loan is of course not the only one out there waiting countrywide has many closings that have been put off.  Does anyone know what te backlog for USDA looks like?  I do know that USDA received some kind of directive to get all old loans out in 10 days but of course my loan was not in the old enough pile.  We completely qualified no questions have paid for inspections, apprasials, etc.  Now it is the waiting game for them to sign off does anyone have any idea how much longer this will take.  I am stressed out about the process since like I mentioned we where supposed to have closed on 3/31 and be moved out of our apartment by 4/14 since they (the apt mgr) has a new renter (major mess) it is getting close to 4/14 and I am looking at tents for sale  Smiley Happy  any info would be much appreciated
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.