Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does FINAL UNDERWRITING usually take

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How long does FINAL UNDERWRITING usually take

I just received a call that my paperwork has gone to final underwriting.

1. what doe that mean and where has it been all week if not in underwriting?

2, What is the average length of time.

I don't want to put in for time off or alert my supervisor if I don't have to. She informed me that if the word comes back early enought I could close tomorrow.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Booner72
Senior Contributor

Re: How long does FINAL UNDERWRITING usually take

Your file has either been with your loan officer or in the waiting queue to get to the underwriter.

Final underwriting only takes a few hours, but if there are conditions, then those have to be met, and then you could have to wait around to get back to the UW 24 hours.  My loan came back twice with conditions  - the first time is my payroll had to write a letter explaining a deduction, and then the second time my LO didn't sign an electronic form that she said she never signs and she was mad that the UW sent it back over something so dumb.  But all was well.  (I have an old thread here "Our house is going up for auction" and it's a play by play of every little detail of the mortgage process.  Might give you something to do if you're anxious and climbing the walls, and give you some info at the same time.

You're VERY CLOSE. 

Who told you that you could close tomorrow?   I suppose you could if the UW signs off and there are no other conditions, and the title company is ready to go and has a spot for you.

Then comes funding.  Sometimes you can get table funding, and then after funding the deed gets recorded.  We closed on a Thursday and didn't get the keys til Friday afternoon for those reasons.  But LOTS of other posters here get the keys at closing, before funding and recording, I think that depends on the state.

Hang in there!!

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yea the LO and agent scheduled tomorrow @1,2 and 4 in the event we get the word early thanks for the information makes ne feel so much better
Message 3 of 5
JusdoNit
Established Contributor

Delighted for you.  Hope you can get some restSmiley Tongue

Starting Score: 722
Current Score: Now 687 what the hockey sticks...from a 784 (Aug 12 EX 751 EQ Fico)
Goal Score: 800

If your outGo is more than your INcome than your UpKeep will become your downFALL.

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Justdonit I couldnt and didn't been up since 3:15 my brain wont rest until it's over
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.