cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does an FHA appraisal take?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How long does an FHA appraisal take?

@notmyj wrote:

I'm with toolie. I carry my computer bag everywhere I go when ever I leave the house. Coupled with the "wifi hotspot" capability on my cell phone (and 4G speed) I can retrieve, write, modify and send anything that is needed within minutes. Last week I was window shopping at Lowes and my realtor called me and asked me to change a couple things on a letter and send it to him ASAP as we were running out of time. He asked where I was and was worried I wouldn't be able to get it back to him in time. We started discussing other stuff about this home and loan conditions etc. While we were talking I was back in my car, typing the letter and had it sent before we even got off the phone. He was very happy about that and said, "Keep that computer with you everywhere you go. With response times like that we might be able to close pror to christmas."

I can't imagine how long this would take without technology....

It would take years!

Message 91 of 135
Holly1221
Regular Contributor

Here's one for you all..........so, waiting on re-eval appraisal .... broker finally got ahold of appraiser today who says he sent the new info to the "mgt company" (middle man between lender & appraiser I guess) on MONDAY, the 5th!!!!!!!  Now, my lender is trying to contact the mgt co to get the update.  So, I've known for 2 hrs now that the appraisal is back but no one has a $$ amount!  Killin' me here!Smiley Mad

12/27/11: EQ 618 / TU 621 / EX 643 (lender pull for CLOSING!)
MYFICO: EQ 618 / TU 610 on 12-07-11
MyFico EQ: 603 on 12-01-11
Current: 594 EQ/ 616 EX/ 599 TU (lender pulls 11-28-11)
Previous: 555 EQ/ 552 EX/ 573 TU (lender pulls 10-28-11)
GOAL: NEW HOUSE ...GOT IT ON 01/27/12
2012 GOAL: 750
Message 92 of 135
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Holly1221 wrote:

Here's one for you all..........so, waiting on re-eval appraisal .... broker finally got ahold of appraiser today who says he sent the new info to the "mgt company" (middle man between lender & appraiser I guess) on MONDAY, the 5th!!!!!!!  Now, my lender is trying to contact the mgt co to get the update.  So, I've known for 2 hrs now that the appraisal is back but no one has a $$ amount!  Killin' me here!Smiley Mad

How fantastic is that?  Its not like your arent on a deadline or anything (eye roll).  Got to love this process.

On my awesome end, the realtor got unlicensed roofer quotes so now there may be an issue that the roof needs to be done by a licensed roofer.  Im just losing it at this point.  This house is not going to happen.  It is literally one thing after another.

Message 93 of 135
Anonymous
Not applicable

Im at the end of my battle (atleast I hope so).  Luck would have it that one of the roof estimates my realtor got is from a licensed roofer.  My realtor has made an addendum that she is submitting that the sellers will replace the roof by said licensed roofer & we are to close on or before Dec. 21st with keys given immediately after closing.

Now we wait for an answer.  Eeeeee!  I hope this is it and I hope we get a yes!

Message 94 of 135
Holly1221
Regular Contributor

Got the long awaited re-evaluation today and........................came back same amount as previous appraisal!  Appraiser says school district price difference is "great in theory, but not all buyers have children".  He also said the comps my realtor provided were in a superior subdivision and were listings & not actual sales and had 600 & 1500 more sq footage.  I'm now questioning having used the same realtor as the seller as I see she is trying to push the price up.  Now that 2nd review of appraisal came back the same with those reasons listed, seller will have to lower the price or we will have to walk.

Any mortgage pro's know if it's "illegal' to use comps from a different school district??  That is what the realtor said her broker told her.  We're in an area where school districts are defined by a certain street but both districts home address are same city.

**Edited to add "same amount as previous appraisal"

Message 95 of 135
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Holly1221 wrote:

Got the long awaited re-evaluation today and........................came back same amount!  Appraiser says school district price difference is "great in theory, but not all buyers have children".  He also said the comps my realtor provided were in a superior subdivision and were listings & not actual sales and had 600 & 1500 more sq footage.  I'm now questioning having used the same realtor as the seller as I see she is trying to push the price up.  Now that 2nd review of appraisal came back the same with those reasons listed, seller will have to lower the price or we will have to walk.

Any mortgage pro's know if it's "illegal' to use comps from a different school district??  That is what the realtor said her broker told her.  We're in an area where school districts are defined by a certain street but both districts home address are same city.

I got excited for you until I realized you meant the appraisal came back as the same amount as before.  At first, I thought you meant it came back as the purchase price. Smiley Sad  Keeping my fingers crossed for you that the sellers will drop price to match the appraisal.  I would if I was the seller.  How long has the house been on the market?

Message 96 of 135
Holly1221
Regular Contributor

House has been on market about 4 months now.  Lots of showings but we were 1st & only offer.  Seller is divorcing & husband (ex) is oversees.  Realtor says she has to pay mortgage off by Dec 19th (same day as tentative closing).  Seller has already got storage unit & began moving out (she started immediately after contract).  I don't really know how this will work out bcuz I think she's so emotional over the sell to begin with.  They had just totally remodeled 2 bathrooms, kitchen, & made a huge walk in closet off the master.  She only went down $5k from list price.

I'll keep you all updated......please PRAY for us to have good news soon!!!

Message 97 of 135
Tooliebell
Frequent Contributor

@Holly1221 wrote:

House has been on market about 4 months now.  Lots of showings but we were 1st & only offer.  Seller is divorcing & husband (ex) is oversees.  Realtor says she has to pay mortgage off by Dec 19th (same day as tentative closing).  Seller has already got storage unit & began moving out (she started immediately after contract).  I don't really know how this will work out bcuz I think she's so emotional over the sell to begin with.  They had just totally remodeled 2 bathrooms, kitchen, & made a huge walk in closet off the master.  She only went down $5k from list price.

I'll keep you all updated......please PRAY for us to have good news soon!!!

Holly, this is so sucky for you.  To wait on baited breath for something you think is going to make it all right, and have it come out the same!  Just sucks! I feel like we are in such a similar situation.  Our LO paid the appraiser to "update" the appraisal for the house and 5 acres rather than the 10.  They are waiting for the appraiser to finish, but said it was taking longer than expected because she is probably having a hard time finding similar comps to make the house value the same!  I really don't think our appraisal with the 5 acres will be anywhere near the contract price and I don't have the extra to make up the difference. 

We think our sellers are divorcing too and the husband is the primary person who is making the decisions.  Which is why he doesn't care if it sells or not. 

Holly, when will you hear back from the sellers????  I am hoping today to get news from both mortgage companies so I can put this to rest.  I did some Christmas shopping last night and it felt pretty good!

Message 98 of 135
Holly1221
Regular Contributor

Who knows when I'll hear anything back.  My husband says to just wait & see what realtor has to say.  Of course I have zero patience & want to call her right now & say to negotiate with the seller.  We can't come up with the difference either.

So, I've decided I need to get busy here @ work Smiley Wink and relax for a minute.  We have a Christmas party tomorrow so I may have to do a little outfit shopping instead of stressing over this!!  If she will not sell, we'll keep looking.  I spotted a couple of houses online last night and they were CHEAPER!

Message 99 of 135
Tooliebell
Frequent Contributor

@Holly1221 wrote:

Who knows when I'll hear anything back.  My husband says to just wait & see what realtor has to say.  Of course I have zero patience & want to call her right now & say to negotiate with the seller.  We can't come up with the difference either.

@Anonymous, I've decided I need to get busy here @ work Smiley Wink and relax for a minute.  We have a Christmas party tomorrow so I may have to do a little outfit shopping instead of stressing over this!!  If she will not sell, we'll keep looking.  I spotted a couple of houses online last night and they were CHEAPER!

That is AWESOME!  Maybe this just isn't your house.  I would even get started looking at those other ones right now.  What could it hurt. 

I wish we were in that position.  We can't just look for other houses, because our farm needs to be relative close to where we move.  There is nothing for sale around us.  The only other house is a beautiful two story with lots of barns and way more acreage, but only about $40k more.  But there is no way that would go FHA. 

If this doesn't work out for us, we will have to apply with the Farm Service Agency and that is like a 6-8 month process.  But maybe in the end it will be better for us.  Gotta have some faith, right?

Message 100 of 135
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.