cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does an FHA appraisal take?

tag
Holly1221
Regular Contributor

Re: How long does an FHA appraisal take?

Sounds like you made it thru the worst part "incognitony".....Hang in there!

12/27/11: EQ 618 / TU 621 / EX 643 (lender pull for CLOSING!)
MYFICO: EQ 618 / TU 610 on 12-07-11
MyFico EQ: 603 on 12-01-11
Current: 594 EQ/ 616 EX/ 599 TU (lender pulls 11-28-11)
Previous: 555 EQ/ 552 EX/ 573 TU (lender pulls 10-28-11)
GOAL: NEW HOUSE ...GOT IT ON 01/27/12
2012 GOAL: 750
Message 61 of 135
Tooliebell
Frequent Contributor

Well our loan has been denied by the underwriter due to the farmland.  It was ONE line in the 29 page appraisal.  My LO said her parents refinanced with them, had 4 acres of their ten in crops, the appraiser didn't mention it so it wasn't an issue! 

So mad! So Mad! SO MAD!  I just spent $435 on a pipe dream.  I don't understand why my realtor or the seller's realtor didn't see this as a problem. I was hoping to find another lender with a less strict underwriter (if that is possible), but my LO said this appraisal will get logged into the system with the denial reason being due to farmland on subject property and that will hold up other FHA lenders too.

Now I just hope I get my $1000 back!

Message 62 of 135
Holly1221
Regular Contributor

Oh Toolie, I'm so sorry!  Can you switch it to a USDA loan instead?  I don't know much about loans but I think that one is for "rural" property.

12/27/11: EQ 618 / TU 621 / EX 643 (lender pull for CLOSING!)
MYFICO: EQ 618 / TU 610 on 12-07-11
MyFico EQ: 603 on 12-01-11
Current: 594 EQ/ 616 EX/ 599 TU (lender pulls 11-28-11)
Previous: 555 EQ/ 552 EX/ 573 TU (lender pulls 10-28-11)
GOAL: NEW HOUSE ...GOT IT ON 01/27/12
2012 GOAL: 750
Message 63 of 135
lesaheart
Valued Member

@Tooliebell wrote:

Well our loan has been denied by the underwriter due to the farmland.  It was ONE line in the 29 page appraisal.  My LO said her parents refinanced with them, had 4 acres of their ten in crops, the appraiser didn't mention it so it wasn't an issue! 

So mad! So Mad! SO MAD!  I just spent $435 on a pipe dream.  I don't understand why my realtor or the seller's realtor didn't see this as a problem. I was hoping to find another lender with a less strict underwriter (if that is possible), but my LO said this appraisal will get logged into the system with the denial reason being due to farmland on subject property and that will hold up other FHA lenders too.

I'm sorry to hear that Tooliebell. I'm hoping for you. Maybe you can find another lender outside of FHA. If you can try for USDA or a land loan of some type, those may be options.

Starting EQ score 6/13/2011: 645
Current EQ score: 675
Goal: 750
Message 64 of 135
PixieQueen80
Frequent Contributor

Tooliebelle - Soooo sorry to hear about this latest occurance. 

Starting Scores (7/26/2010): EQ 517; TU 508; EX 527 (lender)
Scores Along the Way (11/4/2010): EQ 542; TU 547; (11/8/2010) EX Plus 641
Scores Along the Way: (4/15/2011): EQ 516; TU 622; EX 585 (lender)
Scores Along the Way: (8/25/2011): EQ 617; TU 627; EX 625 (lender)
Scores Along the Way: (11/28/2011): EQ 617; TU 645; EX 667 (lender)
Current Scores: (8/9/2013): EQ 634; TU 662; EX 694 (lender)
Closed on a Home: 12/30/2011 Goal Scores (8/25/2014): 700 club
Message 65 of 135
Tooliebell
Frequent Contributor

We can't do USDA because we have ownership in another home currently.  Guess on the upside I have to remember, I do have a home and it is mine.  The new house was an upgrade.  We just need to continue to save and maybe we can get a conventional.  It has been on the market for years, I am sure it will be there when we come back!

Message 66 of 135
lesaheart
Valued Member

Conventional at 5% is a good option. 

Starting EQ score 6/13/2011: 645
Current EQ score: 675
Goal: 750
Message 67 of 135
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Tooliebell wrote:

I've been following your journey on here Tooliebell and I'm so sorry that it did not work out for you.  If you had a financing/appraisal contingency in your contract, then I don't see it being a problem getting your deposit back.  At least now you can move forward with whatever you decide to do and you don't have to agonize over will they or wont' they.  All the best to you Tooliebell.

Message 68 of 135
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Tooliebell wrote:

Oh no, that is not good news. Smiley Sad  Conventional sounds like your only route.  Even if you didnt own another home, USDA doesnt allow that many acres.  Doesnt make sense since its a rural loan, but thats a different story.

Well, at least you have a home to fall back on.  How far are you from saving 5% needed for a conventional for that house?

Message 69 of 135
Anonymous
Not applicable

@incognitony wrote:

Appraisal and underwriting cleared. Sent to closing yesterday. Hoping for tomorrow ... can't take another weekend.

Congrats!  Sounds like you're almost done.  I am always jealous when people close.  I feel like Ill be in buying limbo forever.

Message 70 of 135
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.