cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does it take for a loan to be approved?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How long does it take for a loan to be approved?

Hello All!

We were approved for an FHA loan through the AUS.  We found a house and the seller has accepted our offer.  Our closing date is set for Jan 2nd.

Assuming everything goes well with inspections/appraisal, how long does it usually take for the loan to be approved? I want to make sure I have enough time to go another lender if our loan doesn't get approved with our current lender.  I have been transparent with our Loan Officer about our entire credit situation, however I'm still nervous about the whole "underwriting" process.

We are going through Cross Country Mortgage. Thanks!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How long does it take for a loan to be approved?

Doesn't take that long actually  i did two weeks from offer to close on my current house. Just bought a second home actually built took 6 months to build but loan was pre approved and then didn't the final underwriter review once appraisal was done so depends since they have taken your offer you should be able to apply and get stuff done within weeks rest depends on the inspection and appraisals 

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How long does it take for a loan to be approved?

Thank you so much!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.