cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long (on average) has it been taking USDA to do the final approval on a loan? Anyone ??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How long (on average) has it been taking USDA to do the final approval on a loan? Anyone ??

I feel so bad, I forgot to come back and update! My file was sent to USDA online on a Thursday and I got approved the next afternoon on Friday. So my file only took a little over 24 hrs. We closed the following Thursday July 30th!! When I contacted my local office they told me that it all depends on how many processors they have employed in the USDA local office. The smaller the county the less people in the local office.
Message 11 of 39
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

Re: How long (on average) has it been taking USDA to do the final approval on a loan? Anyone ??

Here's my update also.  My file was approved by USDA first thing the morning of the 29th and I closed the next morning.  My file was sent to the state office in NC.  So I think it took about 5 business days.

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 12 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

I subbmitted my app on July 18 and just got my approval on august 13.
Message 13 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

I live in FL and my USDA application (guaranteed) was submitted last Wednesday (August 12). I'm not sure how long it's going to take. I called the USDA office this morning and they said they couldn't talk to me. They told me I had to talk to my LO. What kind of crap is that? I'm just stressed. It took 3 weeks for my LO to underwrite my loan and finally got back an answer on that. Everything's good to go, just waiting on USDA. Any ideas how long it might be here in Florida? Tampa area...also...what are the chances that it will get kicked back or denied from USDA?

Thanks!

Message 14 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

We live in northeast Florida and going for USDA guaranteed. Started the loan process at 07/20.

We were promised to have pre-approval within 10 days. 07/31 we've got pre-approved.

we've spent the next week to get the required papers (explanations) together. The appraisal of the house came back 08/11.

As of today we've all the paperwork together and still waiting for final approval from the lender.

I've been told that USDA already been reviewed our application and no delay expected.

As far as I know our package will be sent electronically to USDA. This is a new construction and the lender has a good relation with the USDA office. Our home almost ready to move-in and the closing coordinator scheduled the walk-through and closing (date/time).

Message 15 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

So, Laz...have you heard anything back?

It seems like all topics on this have just stalled. I guess my biggest question would be: When people post on forums like this saying they submitted their apps and are waiting and then never respond back as to whether or not they made it to closing, did they make it? Or, did they not? That's the biggest stressor for me because of not knowing a trend or what it's like. I'm a first time home buyer and of course this is really getting to me. The not knowing and of course the waiting. So, with that said...anyone here have any suggestions or answers? When you say you've submitted and then were approved, are you saying that you were submitted to USDA or you just submitted your loan paperwork to begin with. I'm just asking these questions in general.I see posts that say  'submitted app on July 18 and approved aug 13...' I guess I could assume they mean USDA app...

Thanks for any advice you might have...

Message Edited by computerdr74 on 08-23-2009 07:51 AM
Message Edited by computerdr74 on 08-23-2009 07:52 AM
Message 16 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

As far as my situation my underwriting took 72 hrs through the mortgage company. Before they sent it to underwriting they used the USDA's GUS system. It came back "accept". I think their are 3 ways it can come back, "accept", "refer" and "refer with caution". My LO said that I wouldn't have any issues because ours came back accept. After it was approved through the mortgage company's underwriting they sent it off via online to USDA which only took 24 to get the approval. You might want to ask your LO where you are in that process...I had a great LO that explained the situation step by step. Don't know if that answers your question or not, good luck to you!Smiley Happy

Message 17 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just a quick update. 

We are still waiting to hear back from USDA. 

Our walk-through is scheduled for Wednesday and Closing on 08/31/09.

Basically they have 5 business days left to close the deal. I hope we won't have any delay because we would love to close the last day of the month and get money back!!!

We've stop by at the house on the weekend and it is done.

BTW If you are going for USDA I think your lender won't give you an approval unless USDA accepted you. 

Laz

Message Edited by Laz on 08-23-2009 03:45 PM
Message 18 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the info. I'm working with a lender that hasn't done too many USDA guaranteed loans. My LO is somewhat new to the process but assures me that the her processor has plenty of experience. She had her processor call USDA last Tuesday and they said they would try to have the answer by last Friday, but Monday would probably be the most likely day to hear something back. Now, typically, when the government says Monday, it will most likely be the following  Friday. So, I'm not really expecting to hear something back tomorrow. Even though I would love to!!!! I spoke to my LO on Friday and she said she didn't hear anything, but she's got all of my paperwork ready to go to the title company when she gets the approval from USDA. So, I don't know if she's just really confident or if I'm hoping she is. But all the same, I'm hoping that we get closed by 8/31, too! That's our closing date, as well.

Anyway, I don't know what kind of response the automated system gave my LO..I wasn't told. She seems very confident! I wish I was!

Message 19 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm sure you will be fine. Sounds like things will go fast once you get the ok back from USDA, Good luck!!!

Message 20 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.