Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many offers.....

tag
raisinitup
Regular Contributor

How many offers.....

So, I'm getting very frustrated. I thought the hard part was rebuilding our credit and saving up the money for downpayment. Well, we're finally over that hump - got the scores up to more than acceptable, nice chunk of change in the bank and lo and behold we cannot find a house ! We've been looking for over a month now, we've put in offers on 3 different houses and all were outbid by cash offers. Evidently, there are a ton of investors out there that have the same taste in homes that we do or bank sales that take forever to make a decision. It's an emotional roller coaster that I'm ready to get off of.

Anyone else out there experiencing this ? How many offers have you put in ?
12/11/12 Starting Score EQ FICO - 583/ TU FICO - 615/
4/1/13 - Lender Pull - TU - 645 EQ - 675 EX 712
Each One - Teach One
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
moneypenny02
New Contributor

Re: How many offers.....

Are you in California by any chance?  I haven't officially started, but I am getting myself emotionally ready for the same thing. 

Message 2 of 14
MePlusThree
Established Member

We out in like literally 25 last year. I'm im Mi. We're renting right now btw. Wish you better luck than we had!!

FAKOS: TU 663 EX 668 EQ 685
Message 3 of 14
raisinitup
Regular Contributor

Nope, I'm in FL. One of the "hardest" hit states by the economy. Well, let me tell you, it sure doesn't seem like it with the housing market I'm experiencing. More like a boom!
Each One - Teach One
Message 4 of 14
raisinitup
Regular Contributor

Wow, 25 ! Unbelievable - my husband is ready to rent for another couple of years. He's already over it.
Each One - Teach One
Message 5 of 14
Sunshine85
Frequent Contributor

@kmathies wrote:
Nope, I'm in FL. One of the "hardest" hit states by the economy. Well, let me tell you, it sure doesn't seem like it with the housing market I'm experiencing. More like a boom!

I'm in Florida as well, and it took me 8 months to get an offer accepted. I made 7 offers, and all but two were at or above listing price. This was for an entry level price range home ($100k-150k). Not sure if buyers in higher price ranges are experiencing the same issues. 

Message 6 of 14
raisinitup
Regular Contributor

Man, 8 months. I don't think I'll have any hair by then. I think someone should offer counseling for this, lol. I had no idea home ownership would be this tough.
Each One - Teach One
Message 7 of 14
EmpressLuv
Contributor

my brother was looking for a long while, so we took him as an example and went new construction. we went in to see the model house one day and signed contract the same day..i am also in florida.  Initially we wanted to look for short sales or foreclosures but the realtor told us there is no inventory here and we competing against cash buyers, I didnt want to go through that headache at all.

My Wallet: AMEX Gold NPSL, AMEX BCE 1K, Express 1350, Victoria Secret 2250, Macy's 2000, Kay's 7600, Capital One 1400, Capital One 4000, Quicksilver One 3500; Quicksilver 3000; QVC 3500, Walmart 6000, Pier 1 1250, Kohl's 1500, JCrew 1550, JCPenny 3600, Discover 1500, Lowes 12000, Amazon 2400

Lender Pull: 2/16/13 TU: 672 EX: 681 EQ: 671
Current Scores: 2/6/15: TU 696 EX: 679 EQ: 658
Goal Score: 700
Message 8 of 14
Sunshine85
Frequent Contributor

@kmathies wrote:
Man, 8 months. I don't think I'll have any hair by then. I think someone should offer counseling for this, lol. I had no idea home ownership would be this tough.

Yeah, it's pretty discouraging to keep making offers and having no luck. I wanted to give up, but the alternative is to stay in an apartment, or rent a house and pay someone else's mortgage, so I decided to keep looking. 

Try to hang in there. Something will come along. 

Message 9 of 14
raisinitup
Regular Contributor

I think new construction is where we'll end up too. I really wanted an existing home in an established neighborhood but I feel like we're bringing a knife to a gunfight. I don't really function well in instability and the anxiety has been unreal.
Each One - Teach One
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.