Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How much can I qualify for with low-income around 22K

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How much can I qualify for with low-income around 22K

Hello,

I have recently came back to myfico.com and I checked my mortgage scores and they are 601, 627, 649. I went a little crazy last year and applied for 7 credit cards and now they are maxed, but I'm paying them off in the next few months. My question is that my monthy income is about $1770 a month and I wanted to know if anyone knows about how much home I could qualify for if I have no other debts? Thanks for any input.

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How much can I qualify for with low-income around 22K

Tbh im not sure how anyone could even live off of that yet alone buy a house on that. But... you could still check places like habitat for humanity out or other programs that may help you. Gl 🙂
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can but the loan wouldn't be much. Probably try for a USDA loan but you'd be limited on where you can buy and probably no more then 75k.

It also depends if say, a 600 a month payment takes up more then a 3rd of gross monthly income and how high your dept ratio is.

Call a lender and ask them.

Call many. Different lenders have different answers

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh, and keep in mind, if anything goes wrong after purchasing a home such as roof leaks, plumming, on down to your stove dies, you wont have a landlord to bail you out on that.

Every home, new and old gets issues and I can't stress enough, if you don't have enough to save 20K or more for those unexpected expenses from the start, I do not recommend owning a home until you do.

Renting isn't so bad when you have to repair repair repair.

Message 4 of 5
stinastina
Established Contributor

My income is similar to yours. If you don't mind living about 30-40 miles away from the city, you should apply for a USDA Direct 502 Loan. I was approved for 126k with $265 per month debt but they bumped it up to 142k with a 38 year loan in Georgia.

If you have zero dti, you could get more.

BK7 Discharge 1/16
10/15 ~ EQ: 406; TU: 520
10/18 ~ EX: 666; TU: 646; EQ: 652
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.