cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How often do loans fall through right before/at closing?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How often do loans fall through right before/at closing?

My journey feels like it has taken forever, although it really hasn't.  My signed contract was submitted to the banks on April 10th.  I have spent hours scouring different message boards, reading thread after thread to pass the time.  My LO is not very good at responding to my emails so I have always felt quite in limbo.  After the 5th email being ignored I once again reached out to my real estate agent, since she always seems to be able to get the answers.  My loan has been in underwriting for 3 weeks now.  After one week they came back with conditions, to which I had them all sent back within the hour.  The end of the next week I find out they are still working on conditions with the title work.  At the end of last week, the very end of the day Friday, I was finally told all conditions were met and closing was set for the 22nd.  My Realtor finally got some answers for me yesterday.  The underwriter was waiting to hear back on some wording that was left out of the revised appraisal.  She said that docs should be drawn up today.  YAY!!!!  But then I get an email today from the processor, which was sent with all the communication from him and my LO, that they need a verification signed by someone other than my father.  Which is fine, but since they left the emails between each other attached I saw that they knew this on May 4th when my first of 3 verifications were sent in.  Anyways, if my Realtor is right and loan docs are prepared today, can I rest easy?  How common is it for something to show up at the last moments and rip my dream of being a homeowner away?   My contract is only contingent on me being able to secure financing, it’s a bank owned foreclosure.   Acroding to my realtor every thing with the CDA (downpayment assitance loan), FHA, and title work are all taken care of.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How often do loans fall through right before/at closing?

If all conditions were met and docs are being drawn, there is a very good chance you are in the clear. I am sorry to hear about the poor communication from your LO during this stressful time!

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.