cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How soon did you close after your "clear to close"?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How soon did you close after your "clear to close"?

I sent all of my conditions to the loan officer on Thursday and he said he sent them to the processer and that it should take 48 hours to hear back from the underwriter.  I am really hoping we get a clear to close since they have everything they could possibly need from me short of my DNA sample. 

Contract date for closing is Friday.  Do you think if I get a clear to close tomorrow, we can close by Friday?  Or should I not hold my breath?

Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

Re: How soon did you close after your "clear to close"?

I wish I knew, im scheduled to close tomorrow. And I turned in all of my stuff to the underwriter on Friday.

I am going crazy today.

Message 2 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh wow, talk about the pressure being on!  I hope that you get some good news today.  Have you called your loan officer to ask what the hell is going on?  lol

Message 3 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think it is possible, but I don't know what state you are in or what the closing process is for your area.

I know here in NYC we needed at least four or five business days. They had to coordinate closing, get signatures from the sellers because they would not be there on closing day, get the paperwork together and send it to the title company so they could handle the rest.

Have you asked your lender what their timeframe typically is?

Message 4 of 29
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

Yeah I called my LO, we need to keep cool cuzz my file isn't an easy one. We might delay closing it seems.

Message 5 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, but he didn't give me a specific time frame.  He just said "I think we can do it".  LOL Thanks!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 29
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

Yeah lots of stuff going on with things this close to closing.

Its now Monday afternoon, still no clear to close and the latest is that we will close tomorrow afternoon or Wends.

Message 7 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Shooooooot, as long as they are telling you that you are going to close...that's a good sign! 

Message 8 of 29
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

If I remember correctly, I think you and I are going thru almost the samething. Non purchasing spouse with some credit issues.

Its what got me denied with USDA right off the bat, but with FHA I had to write letters. I think you and I are in good shape. I bet we both close at the same time lol.

Message 9 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lets pray that we do!  I am SO ready!

Message 10 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.