Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to check inquiry?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How to check inquiry?

my lender has credit plus pull my credit and credit plus pulled it 3 times over 4 weeks. It didn't hurt my score much but what it did do it increase the number inquiries into the "too many recent inquiries" which has its own issues. Also when I bought a auto 2 years ago they pulled like 10 different lenders which was also painful in the "too many recent inquiries". Not sure who counts it as 1 but it isn't the inquiries portion. Likely just the score but his is "miscellaneous" which has come up on conversation as not included by algorithms as "mortgage" and therefore not included in exclusion. I would like to be proven wrong but it hasn't been my experience.
Message 11 of 12
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: How to check inquiry?

@Anonymous wrote:
my lender has credit plus pull my credit and credit plus pulled it 3 times over 4 weeks. It didn't hurt my score much but what it did do it increase the number inquiries into the "too many recent inquiries" which has its own issues. Also when I bought a auto 2 years ago they pulled like 10 different lenders which was also painful in the "too many recent inquiries". Not sure who counts it as 1 but it isn't the inquiries portion. Likely just the score but his is "miscellaneous" which has come up on conversation as not included by algorithms as "mortgage" and therefore not included in exclusion. I would like to be proven wrong but it hasn't been my experience.

Not all of my pulls were coded as mortgage and they still worked this way.  Miscellaneous is how some of them reported.

Too many recent inquiries, there's not a set number on that reason code and could just be 1 if your file is that pretty.  Would need a lot more information than that to document it but the vast majority of mortgage lenders use a couple of 3rd party providers of trimerge reports (Credco and similar) and I hit a couple of them... not all coded mortgage, but they all behaved appropriately and I got an absurd number of pulls to see that with on my own wayward mortgage process heh.

There's something beyond the way the inquiry is coded or at least how it's represented to us when we pull our reports, could be the lender name for example and we don't get the explicit status codes, but the mortgage ones are well characterized to be sure.

        
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.