cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to protect credit score after qualifying, is opt-out enough or need to freeze?

tag
sandrachicago
New Contributor

How to protect credit score after qualifying, is opt-out enough or need to freeze?

Being strong believer in Murphy's law I can't help but worry that after mortgage inquiry some collector will pop something out back to my report and mess up the score before closing. I worked very hard on deleting some collections but what's the best way to block collectors from seeing the mortgage inquiry? Some say opting-out is the way or freezing the reports(which is major hustle for both me and my husband 6 reports freeze & thaw fees) Also, frozen reports are still released to existing creditors and collectors acting on their behalf (does this mean any new collector too or just existing ones?) Anyone with experience?? Thanks.

"Enriching others will flow that same energy back to you."
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
basballguy
Frequent Contributor

Re: How to protect credit score after qualifying, is opt-out enough or need to freeze?

optoutprescreen.com will do all of them for you.

Message 2 of 3
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: How to protect credit score after qualifying, is opt-out enough or need to freeze?

There's no guarantee that you won't be hit by a CA, but opting out is still your best bet for now.
March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.