cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I applied for a 502 direct loan from USDA ..Iam soooo nervous!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied for a 502 direct loan from USDA ..Iam soooo nervous!

Hi Myfico,

I have been reading alot of your stories so or good and some are Horror stories and frankly its got me scared! Iam in the process of trying to get a 502 direct loan through USDA my income is low at this point I only bring home 22,000 a year I work part time...Would I even qualify for this loan? My realtor is prettyy sure I would I have to meet up with the USDA office do submit everything... can anybody tell me about this program?? what the least u can make?? I know its for low income and every state is different (live in NC) Iam just scared everything going to go wrong for me..me and the realtor already picked out a house but still iam scared!!!Smiley Sad

Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30
msnabs
Valued Member

Re: I applied for a 502 direct loan from USDA ..Iam soooo nervous!

Hey Misskiyota,

I am in the same process of applying for a Direct Loan thru the USDA program, so I understand your nervousness. It is a frightening, but exciting process at the same time! I am in SC. Have you looked on the USDA website? You should be able to choose your location and input some very general information to be able to determine if you are eligible. Also, you need to make sure that the property that your realtor has picked out is in a rural area. I am not sure about whether your job being part time or full time would make you ineligible. What is your family size? Also, have you pulled a copy of your credit report? Are there any 30 day lates in the past year? As far I know there is not a minimum score, but from what I here, its going to be 620 very soon. You may also be able to contact your local USDA office to get more information, since you will have to work with them and they should be able to answer your questions in better detail. They asked me to complete a pre-qual form, which will determine if you are very low income, low income or moderate. Then they pulled a profile credit report(still not sure what that means) and ask you some questions based off of the information that is on there. Once you do this, they will send you a formal application and you have to submit that with the necessary documents. I hope this helps, I am not a housing expert but I am going thru it as well, thought it may help to get another persons experience too.

Experience is the best teacher........sometimes you have to pay for it with your youth.
Message 2 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks msnabs,

Well i checked my credit score it is a 630 which he said I would be fine and as far as rural area i picked out a house that is is the area my max income for 3 people in my household is 37,100 that the most I cana make i dont make that i make around 1200 a month from my job and get social secriuty for my son for 674.00 iam just a nervous wreck ! how they determine your payment I heard that they subsized your payment and lower ur interest rate to 1%

Message 3 of 31
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

I am in NC also and looking to do a USDA direct loan hopefully this summer.  Let me know how they are to deal with after you meet with them.  I have some extenuating circumstances and am hoping to kinda backdoor into the program under some special guidelines Smiley Happy

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 4 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

I will let you know how it goes (cross your fingers) what condtions did they give you , when you went to apply?
Message 5 of 31
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

I haven't applied.  usually when you make application you will need 30 days paystubs, last 2 years W-2's, last 3 years signed tax returns-all pages, last 2 months bank statements with documentation for any large deposits that are not payroll, copy of last quarterly statement for any other assets such as 401k's etc.  I wouldn't submit a letter of explanation for credit yet.  From what I read on NC's site, they only require explanations and verifications of rent if your credit score is less than 620.  They should give you a packet that needs to be signed and a list of what is required.  If I were you I would pick up the packet and take it home for completion and then bring everything then.  Hopefully the loan originator at USDA will have time to meet with you and go over the docs when you return them.  If not, I do believe they only have 3 business days to review and mail you a letter with a list of any documents that are missing.  What county are you in?

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 6 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

i got the packet iam getting all mu things together now I live in Burke County (Morganton)
Message 7 of 31
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

Good luck!  From what I read you should be able to streamline thru with reduced documentation.  Hopefully you will get a great rate and term on it. 

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 8 of 31
msnabs
Valued Member

Yeah, they do subsidize your payment and you cant beat that interest rate!. I have done some further research and learned that they want to see your income every year. I guess to figure out what your house payment should be. Make sure that you keep a copy of the application after you have completed it!! I did and I was glad cause I accidentally left out a page when I mailed it back..Smiley Sad I went looking at some houses this weekend, found one that I really want to get into, wish me luck!
Experience is the best teacher........sometimes you have to pay for it with your youth.
Message 9 of 31
flintlockjo
New Contributor

I applied for the direct loan also, it was sent in second week of March. My Real Estate office takes care of it. I did receive some extra paperwork to fill out 2 weeks ago,  they needed rental verification, which I don't really have. I live with my BF and pay all the utilities. So that's what I put down and sent the papers back. Now I'm getting nervous that I won't be approved. I just wish I would hear something........

Does anyone have any idea of what up front costs are involved with the Direct loan? Do you pay for inspections? appraisals? First yrs ins.?

Your Latest FICO® Scores
TransUnion670Date: 4/16/2009
Equifax650Date: 4/16/2009
TransUnion662Date: 7/3/2009
Equifax673Date: 7/3/2009
Message 10 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.