cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have GREAT credit ( 795-815) and a loan at 6.3% not underwater, what is best route to my refi??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have GREAT credit ( 795-815) and a loan at 6.3% not underwater, what is best route to my refi??

Good morning,  I appreciate you clicking my thread. I bought my home at the top of the market in 2007 for 370k.  I had two mortgages one at over 9% for 75k and the other was for under 300k at 6.3%.  I have never been late or missed a payment. I focused on paying the higher loan off ASAP and have paid it completely. I currently owe 260k on my 6.3% mortgage. My home is worth about 270k in respect to comps. I did put over 50k into the house not reflected in my house appraisal.  I work two full time jobs, have had the same primary employer for nineteen years.

I receieve letters and calls constantly offering to help me refi. I do not know the best route to take. I get contact from banks, lending companies and seemingly every type of institution in the business.  I work two full time jobs, have two kids, one five years old one in college and do not have the time or expertise to do this on my own. What is the best route to take?  I really appreciate any info provided.  

Thank you so much

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Re: I have GREAT credit ( 795-815) and a loan at 6.3% not underwater, what is best route to my refi

First of all; what type of mortgage do you have? Fha; va; Freddie Mac or fannie mae?

Have you talked to your existing lender to see what types of programs they have?
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.