cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I just moved and started a new job, will that hurt my approval chances?

tag
OHWWCB
Regular Contributor

I just moved and started a new job, will that hurt my approval chances?

I just moved back to my hometown to start a new job and after living all over the country for work for years, I plan on settling and buying a house. Will the fact that I've only had the job and lived in my residence for one year hinder my chances at getting approved for a mortgage? I was planning on trying to buy a house next year when my lease is up.

Thanks!

Hilton Honors $15,000 | AMEX Green | Chase Sapphire Preferred $9000 | Discover IT $6600 | Marriott Premiere Rewards $5000 | Chase Freedom $5500 | Barclaycard Visa with Apple Rewards $2000 | CapitalOne Quicksilver One $2000 | US Airways Dividend Miles $2400
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

Re: I just moved and started a new job, will that hurt my approval chances?

Your housing situation is not a problem. Your employment could be. Generally lenders like to see two years on the same job and more years in the same field if a job change occured. We cannot answer your question without knowing more about your employment.

Message 2 of 4
OHWWCB
Regular Contributor

It just occured to me that this might be an issue as I was with my last employer for 12 years. I started my current job in May of this year and was looking to begin the mortgage process in Spring of 2014 originally and that wouldn't even be a year.

Hilton Honors $15,000 | AMEX Green | Chase Sapphire Preferred $9000 | Discover IT $6600 | Marriott Premiere Rewards $5000 | Chase Freedom $5500 | Barclaycard Visa with Apple Rewards $2000 | CapitalOne Quicksilver One $2000 | US Airways Dividend Miles $2400
Message 3 of 4
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

@OHWWCB wrote:

It just occured to me that this might be an issue as I was with my last employer for 12 years. I started my current job in May of this year and was looking to begin the mortgage process in Spring of 2014 originally and that wouldn't even be a year.

So is the new job in the same field or a brand new field? That is ver improtant as my previous post suggested. If you want a good feedback, you need to provide details.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.