Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I’m confused and exhausted with this whole process

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I’m confused and exhausted with this whole process

I think you have bigger fish to fry then a mortgage. You filed taxes claiming losses and received a refund. Then amended them showing you didn’t take the loss and now owe the irs. The irs isn’t dumb and are not something to play around with.
Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Who is playing around with the IRS? amending a tax return is 100% legal. I am well aware that I owe . 6000.00 to be exact. I have already spoken with a rep from the IRS. My payment plan will be 99.00 a month. And if they wind up not accepting that, I will pay the 6k...
the direction I am asking for is a lender that will accept a stamped tax form
Message 12 of 13
VALoanMaster
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Who is playing around with the IRS? amending a tax return is 100% legal. I am well aware that I owe . 6000.00 to be exact. I have already spoken with a rep from the IRS. My payment plan will be 99.00 a month. And if they wind up not accepting that, I will pay the 6k...
the direction I am asking for is a lender that will accept a stamped tax form

Hi Ladyj!ynn,

Where you working with a broker? 

I've had multiple scenarios like yours were my underwriters basically ignored the tax returns & they went off the pay tubs & W-2s because I was able to show that my client was no longer doing their side gig or they were no longer self employed. Unfortunately you've run into a couple of underwriters that think you're lying about not selling on Ebay anymore just to qualify for the mortgage. They think you'll go right back to it as soon as you close on your home.

The good thing is not all underwriters are like that.

VA Mortgage Expert. Mortgage Banker lending in All 50 States.
VA, FHA, USDA. Jumbo, Conventional.
CAIVRS Expert.
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.