Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm renting a place that is being sold, advice pls

tag
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

Re: I'm renting a place that is being sold, advice pls

Believe that! They sure can! My landlord made our home buying process an absolute nightmare! But there was nothing we could do about it because she was filled with rage after we told her we weren't purchasing her home at the time required by law to provide notice to vacate. She failed to acknowledge any of her faults as to why we came to that decision. I have never dealt with a good private landlord. They were all nasty and I have lived under FIVE different private landlords over the years. And all of them were nice and so super sweet in the beginning. Do not trust them! Get an attorney and do not inform them you have one until they start making threats and/or extraordinary demands.
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 11 of 13
jordanmedical
Established Contributor

Tried to do the cooperative thing but due to a misunderstanding (staff set an appt before I accepted it and I wasn't home when they showed up), got a threat of further measures from my property management head. Really didn't want to deal with her, she has a rude personality and is very unprofessional. Consulted an attorney through my prepaid legal and now she says she will try to only schedule showings when I'm home. Attorney assured me they can't take eviction action as first request did not comply with what my lease states. Hoping this doesn't get ugly but with the other lady involved, who knows. I'm hoping to get out of this place before any other showing issues arise, but we shall see. Never dealt with such an unreasonable person, attorney says if she continues to be unprofessional and doesn't give proper notice the next time, he will write a letter advising her she is violating her own lease agreement and go from there.

-Rebuilding with CapOne Cash: $1.5k, NFCU cashRewards $8.5K, NavCheck $5K, Wal-Mart: $1.1K, Sam's: $1.2K, Amazon: $1.9K, Apple Barclay: $3K, Haverty's: $1.5K, GE capital: $5K, Sears: $250(AU), PP MC:$1.5K, CareCredit:$3K (closed 1st home 05/08/13)
Starting Score: 492-TU04, 480-EX FICO V2, 467-EQ Beacon 5 (Via Mortgage PreQual March '12)
Current Score: EX,EQ,TU (lender pull): 652, 659, 689, Walmart TU FICO: 691 (05/13)
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 12 of 13
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

Good for you! I am very glad to hear you got legal representation. If you aren't moving until April, believe that there will be many more showings. Keep us updated.
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.