Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm worried... I think I was played like a fiddle

tag
swtneka
Frequent Contributor

I'm worried... I think I was played like a fiddle

I did a PFD on a medical account that recently popped up on our CR cuz of a mortgage inquiry. Anyway when I was talking to the guy I told him that I would pay the account if he would delete it off our credit file. He agrees. I tell him I need this in writing he tells me he is going to send it to me by email. I got the email while I was on the phone and couldn't open it cuz it was sent in windows format and don't have windows on my lap top. So I pay the bill 293 and then he tells me that there is a charge of 8.00 dollars to delete off of all CR now I have never heard of this but I want this gone so I pay it. It was a total of 301.00. He sends me the bill and tells me that I can expect the deletion off my reports in 30-60 days. I was finally able to open the file that he first sent me and it was just a detail report of his collection. I feel so stupid now and I am sure he wont delete it. He says he is going to mail a letter saying that they deleted it but again I am sure I got dooped. Has anyone ever been charged to delete? Im thinking that its a charge for using a debit card and he just was playing me.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
swtneka
Frequent Contributor

Re: I'm worried... I think I was played like a fiddle

I just realized I posted this on the mortgage board. Meant to post on rebuilding credit, but I am trying to get a mortgage which is y I asked for the pfd. I cant sleep cuz of this stupid mistake.

Message 2 of 7
cclee
Regular Contributor

Does the bill show the 8.00 charge, and what the charge was for?  

In The Garden Until 11/01/15 - Last App 11/03/13
Message 3 of 7
swtneka
Frequent Contributor

No it didn't say what it was for on the receipt. It just said charge was 301.00.

Message 4 of 7
cclee
Regular Contributor

Hmm, was hoping it said that it was for deleting the info, you could try calling back and asking him to try sending the PFD letter again, because all you received was the receipt, or I guess wait and see?  It seemed pretty specific that he asked for the 8.00 to delete the file from the CR, so I would think it would get done, but again he could be a sneeky snake.  I would just call and play dumb about it, say you didn't get the attachment.

In The Garden Until 11/01/15 - Last App 11/03/13
Message 5 of 7
Chris3k2
Regular Contributor

Or you might be able to dispute. Normally most CA record their phone calls right? You might have all the proof you need there if they did in fact record the conversation or you didn't ask them not to record you.

Starting Score: 03/29/2013 540 EQ 05/01/2013 614 TU 05/30/2013 606 EX (Lender Pull)
Current Score: 07/27/2013 639 EQ 07/27/2013 651 TU98 07/27/2013 650 TU04 07/27/2013 617 EX V2 07/27/2013 639 EX 08
Goal Score: 660 EQ 660 TU 660 EX

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 7
swtneka
Frequent Contributor

That's what I was planning on doing Chris. I was going to call in a couple of weeks if it hasn't been deleted and talk to the supervisor Susan who I personally asked for when I couldn't read the file. I will inform them that I will contact the BBB if they don't comply with the verbal agreement that we had on their recorded phone call and that you specifically charged me for. They said to w8 30-60 days but the last pfd I did came off in a few days I don't see y it would take that long. How long was the average pfd done for everyone else?

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.