cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I really need to buy a car of refinance mine for a lower rate but want a mortgage in march

tag
UpmyscoreinFL
Frequent Contributor

I really need to buy a car of refinance mine for a lower rate but want a mortgage in march

So here is my complicated situation. I am pending separation from my husband and his car loan is currently is in my name but he drives the car. My car is twelve years old and on its last leg. If he doesn't refinance the car into his name I will probably just take if over and try to refinance for a lower rate since my credit has improved alot since I first got the car. Will my credit take huge hit if I either refinance this current loan, or if I get it out of my name go buy a new car. I am currently at around a 622 on equifax probably higher on transunion. I need to pull it again to see where I stand. I want to purchase a home around January/ march and will pay down some utilization so should see some score increase from that. My DTI should be fine. Should I go see a mortgage broker and let them pull my credit to see where I stand or should I wait because I will lose a few points for the inquiry. Thoughts and suggestions appreciated. also if I am ot legally divorced will they want all his information too for the house? I want todo this on my own.
Equifax my fico 629
Transunion my fico 669
Experian fako 663
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Re: I really need to buy a car of refinance mine for a lower rate but want a mortgage in march

You could trade the car in and get something with a cheaper note or refinance it if you're not too upside down. I'm not sure how this would impact you scorewise but you'll be in a better position dti wise.
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 2 of 3
drkaje
Senior Contributor

Re: I really need to buy a car of refinance mine for a lower rate but want a mortgage in march

Hard to say. If there's no way to get off the loan it might be the only way to trim some fat off your budget.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.