Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I ride bicycles....

tag
IOBA
Senior Contributor

Re: I ride bicycles....

StrateUp - there should be a "get out of contract" clause regarding the short sale in your original offer.   If not, then you should be able to write a letter asking to be released.  In my house #2 situation, I had to send written notification (email was ok) to all parties involved saying I wanted out of the contract.   The seller than had three business days to get the bank to approve the short sale.  After three business days, I had to submit a realtor form saying to officially release me from the contract.  It was sent to all parties.  The sellers had to sign off on it.   Then about a week later, I recieved my escrow funds back.

Check your contract.   If your realtor won't help you, then send a CMRR letter to the sellers/sellers agent and email a copy to your realtor.  

I hope you feel better after your bike ride.   AND I hope your "release me" email/letter prompts a resolution to the house deal.

Message 11 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@IOBA wrote:

StrateUp - there should be a "get out of contract" clause regarding the short sale in your original offer.   If not, then you should be able to write a letter asking to be released.  In my house #2 situation, I had to send written notification (email was ok) to all parties involved saying I wanted out of the contract.   The seller than had three business days to get the bank to approve the short sale.  After three business days, I had to submit a realtor form saying to officially release me from the contract.  It was sent to all parties.  The sellers had to sign off on it.   Then about a week later, I recieved my escrow funds back.

Check your contract.   If your realtor won't help you, then send a CMRR letter to the sellers/sellers agent and email a copy to your realtor.  

I hope you feel better after your bike ride.   AND I hope your "release me" email/letter prompts a resolution to the house deal.

I greatly appreciate your advice. I still really want this house and I was no longer ablieged to buy it 45 days after the seller accepted my offer. What makes me choke is my real estate agent just straight up lies to me and feeds my lines every time she talks to me, if she talks to me. I'm not suspecious, it's black and white. My townhouse is $52000. She gets half the commision pn that as she is not the listing agent. She just platantly is not interested in working on this deal and tells me all kind of hooey to brush me off. I not only want to fire her but I want to give my evidance to the real estate board but that will only reset the clock.

On top of this my bike was stolen. Ok, well, big deal. I bought another one. Not quite. I've been an outdoorsman all my life then one day a couple days ago I found out that I am now old enough to have a bicycle taken from me by force from somebody I would have crushed in my fingers for most of my life. It is bazzarre dealing with that and I've never been able to handle liars, cheats and theives, which both my agent and the bike theif are. Now, guess what? I'm just a regular Joe and these tjings just don't happen in my life.

Thanks for letting me spew. Tomorrow is another day.

Message 12 of 31
notmyj
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I've been waiting for months to hear something on this house. Anything. My realtor, if you can call her that, hasn't done a single thing she's said she was going to do and has lied to me on dozens of occasions. Buying this house is one of the mose miserable experiences I've ever experienced outside of death in family or divorce. And I eseriously don't want to move in the summer. I really don't care if this house flops or not. I'll start again in the early fall and with a real realitor. I bought a great new bike this morning and I'm going bike riding. Screw Real Estate. I hope all the banks close tomorrow and we go back the chucking spears for groceries.

Bold by me. I can't for the life of me understand why people will tolerate a realtor like this. YOU HIRED THEM, YOU CAN FIRE THEM. They work for you, if they dont, you fire them. I fired my first realtor after the first meeting. The one I kept was fantastic. He made me feel like I was his only client, always gotback to me, never left me hanging, and after we closed he took us to the bar to celebrate onhis dime, on Dec 24th.

By using a realtor, and closing on a house, you getting them a few thousand dollars in their pocket. Why would let them get that money and not work for it?? I never understand how people will complain about their realtor and do nothing about it, but still put a few thousand dollaras in thier pockets. If anyone can go through with a house purchase or sale, and has complaints about their realtor, IT IS YOUR FAULT. THEY ARE HIRED BY AND WORK FOR YOU. You are the boss, you can fire them if they arent doing their job. If you sucked at your job, would the boss still pay you a few grand for it???

BK7 Filed 6/4/18
341 7/13/18
SCORES
7/19/18 Pre Discharge TU 8 572 EX 8 566
Message 13 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@notmyj wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I've been waiting for months to hear something on this house. Anything. My realtor, if you can call her that, hasn't done a single thing she's said she was going to do and has lied to me on dozens of occasions. Buying this house is one of the mose miserable experiences I've ever experienced outside of death in family or divorce. And I eseriously don't want to move in the summer. I really don't care if this house flops or not. I'll start again in the early fall and with a real realitor. I bought a great new bike this morning and I'm going bike riding. Screw Real Estate. I hope all the banks close tomorrow and we go back the chucking spears for groceries.

Bold by me. I can't for the life of me understand why people will tolerate a realtor like this. YOU HIRED THEM, YOU CAN FIRE THEM. They work for you, if they dont, you fire them. I fired my first realtor after the first meeting. The one I kept was fantastic. He made me feel like I was his only client, always gotback to me, never left me hanging, and after we closed he took us to the bar to celebrate onhis dime, on Dec 24th.

By using a realtor, and closing on a house, you getting them a few thousand dollars in their pocket. Why would let them get that money and not work for it?? I never understand how people will complain about their realtor and do nothing about it, but still put a few thousand dollaras in thier pockets. If anyone can go through with a house purchase or sale, and has complaints about their realtor, IT IS YOUR FAULT. THEY ARE HIRED BY AND WORK FOR YOU. You are the boss, you can fire them if they arent doing their job. If you sucked at your job, would the boss still pay you a few grand for it???

Did you read the part where if I fire my agent the entire escrow process starts over and I'm in the 4th month of escrow> That and I'd loose the current house?

Message 14 of 31
boomhower
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the new bike.  Yes, your 401K counts as reserves so you have no worries there.  Good luck on the house, hope it works out in the end.

Message 15 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@boomhower wrote:

Congrats on the new bike.  Yes, your 401K counts as reserves so you have no worries there.  Good luck on the house, hope it works out in the end.

Thank you. You are very kind.

I'm getting ready to load up. I'm riding the River Mountain Trail which has access 167 yards from the house in escrow. The trail is 35 miles long and I will live closer to it than anybody else in Ls Vegas if the house ever closes. This will be my new backyard and why I put up with the garbage by staying in escrow on this house:

All this and $52,000 for new construction in a gated community. I just got to remember this.

Message 16 of 31
IOBA
Senior Contributor

Nice.

Someone who is a realtor on here might be able to chime in and tell you how you can switch agents midstream.   You would not loose your escrow money.

In my first house deal (argh!) the listing agent was not doing his job as he should.  Details were posted at the time I went through this, so not repeating it.   Almost from the beginning, I was going to the sellers direct and communicating.   And in the end, the sellers were calling ME with updates.   So it's a thought - you could call the sellers directly since you are getting nowhere.   Or maybe contact the listing agent directly.

Um - are you buying a short sale that is new construction?   Or just a regular short sale?   Or just new construction??

Message 17 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

"New Construction" was misleading. The house was built in 2007. It is in new condition.

I called the listing agent and she told me it was illegal for her to talk to me but she did say everything is going well and on track now.

I'm not even worried about the earnest money. I'd LOVE to get a new agent and keep my place in the escrow without starting over. Fact is, the real estate market is Las Vegas is broken and/pr corrupted from top to bottom. You've never seen anything like it.

Oh, yes, it is a short sale, oh yes indeed. My first and last.

Message 18 of 31
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

"New Construction" was misleading. The house was built in 2007. It is in new condition.

I called the listing agent and she told me it was illegal for her to talk to me but she did say everything is going well and on track now.

I'm not even worried about the earnest money. I'd LOVE to get a new agent and keep my place in the escrow without starting over. Fact is, the real estate market is Las Vegas is broken and/pr corrupted from top to bottom. You've never seen anything like it.

Oh, yes, it is a short sale, oh yes indeed. My first and last.

I'm so sorry to hear you are having such an awful experience.

You are concentrating on the right things - the actual location and how it is the very best thing for your lifestyle once you get through this purchase.

I'm an agent and have been one for many years. It is difficult enough to purchase a short sale, but even more so when you have an agent that is not helpful or worse. Have you considered contacting the agent's broker or office manager?  It is times like this when the broker or manager can step in to have another agent work with you.

1) You do not lose your escrow since your contract stays in place.

2) You don't jeopardize your contract at all.

3) You end up with a new contact person that can stay in contact with the Listing agent and keep you up to date on the day to day with your short sale.

4) Make sure to ask the manager for someone that knows short sales. Not all agents are familiar with the process. Smiley Sad

I'm sorry your first experience in purchasing a home is miserable. I hope the broker or manager will be able to get someone in the office to work with you until you close. Your new place looks fantastic and will be worth the "short sale" wait. You should be getting close now.

Message 19 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

I really appreciate your response. It never struck me to go to the manager and request a replacement agent. I'm not sure what kind of problems that might create, if any, between my existing agent and a co-worker in the same office when it becomes commission time. I'd give 3 teeth to replace this lady. She is very up on short sales but so am I and that is what kills me everytime she opens her mouth. She insults my intelligence on every communication. The evidence is ALWAYS in her last email. (she won't call me at all.) I walked into her office a couple weeks ago after days and walked into her office and told her face to face "You and I have problems." then she told me a string of actions she was going to do to correct them then hasn't done a single one. Instead she continues with a string of mindless dribble contrived from what she thinks we talked about last or just plain determined that I am clueless about the Las Vegas Real Estate market. In reality I could smoke 40% of the agents in town as far as being up to date on the evolution of this rapidly changing market.

You are so right. I need to just cool my jets. I really am a pleasant fellow. The location is dynamite. It is 1.5 miles from my place of work as well and I know this thing will move on to the banks sometime in the next year or two. Smiley Happy

I appreciate the response.

BTW, this is my 6th house, not my first. Every other experience I've had buying a house has been an absolute thrill. One of life's great pleasantries.

If I ever buy a house in South Florida you will be my agent. And I'll send you chocolate at Christmas time.

Message 20 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.