cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I think this week is officially my HELL week-UPDATE!

tag
peepers
Frequent Contributor

I think this week is officially my HELL week-UPDATE!

File went into Underwriting last Wednesday (May 6th) and Friday our mortgage lender guy asked for 2 things: a copy of my husbands most recent house loan statement and copy of insurance policy.  Got those both to him.  I wonder if there will be more needed or if that was it.  Next Tuesday is closing and Im trying not to crap myself!

PS.....we have refrained since the day we put the offer in 5 weeks ago, however we broke down and did a covert drive-by of our soon-to-be (knock on wood) house.  No more for sale sign in yard, and there is a big ol POD in their driveway!

AMEX Green charge NPSL | NFCU Cashrewards Visa Sig $25,000 | NFCU Navcheck $15,000 | AMEX Everyday $15,000 | Discover IT $19,000 | Amex BCP $18,000 | Cap1 Quicksilver $5000 | Firestone $2,400 I Amex Oasis Optima (recovery card) $500 (closed July 2014)
MyFICO: TU 780, EQ 785 EX 776 Discover TU FICO 780. Rebuilt from 500's....closed on home May 2015!

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
InvincibleSummer3
Established Contributor

Re: I think this week is officially my HELL week

@peepers wrote:

File went into Underwriting last Wednesday (May 6th) and Friday our mortgage lender guy asked for 2 things: a copy of my husbands most recent house loan statement and copy of insurance policy.  Got those both to him.  I wonder if there will be more needed or if that was it.  Next Tuesday is closing and Im trying not to crap myself!

PS.....we have refrained since the day we put the offer in 5 weeks ago, however we broke down and did a covert drive-by of our soon-to-be (knock on wood) house.  No more for sale sign in yard, and there is a big ol POD in their driveway!

Hi there! I too am a sailor in this same boat, so ahoy matey....

Closing date is Monday, I'm in about the same place except I submitted docs for the underwriter Weds-Thursdayish last week. I am a big ball of nerves. I was unsuccessful in driving by the new house or messing around looking at possible paint colors. But eh, as long as I'm not doing anything that costs money I figure it's safe enough. Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Message 2 of 10
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

ha ha ha...you made me laugh out loud at work.  

don't deny yourself the excitement! get excited about your new home...just keep a little reserved just in case things get pushed back.  Smiley Very Happy

AmEx Green NPSL | Amex BCP 16K | Citi Simplicity 10k | Discover IT 9K | Chase Slate 7.5K | Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 7K | Capital One QuickSilver 6K | Home Depot 5k | Chase Freedom 4.5K | LOC 2.5K
Message 3 of 10
peepers
Frequent Contributor

UGH!  this is awful!  haha.  I'm just so stressed as I feel I cant call and reserve moving company until I know for sure the 19th is still going to be closing.  Yet if I dont find out until Friday or Monday, I run the risk of them booking up. 

AMEX Green charge NPSL | NFCU Cashrewards Visa Sig $25,000 | NFCU Navcheck $15,000 | AMEX Everyday $15,000 | Discover IT $19,000 | Amex BCP $18,000 | Cap1 Quicksilver $5000 | Firestone $2,400 I Amex Oasis Optima (recovery card) $500 (closed July 2014)
MyFICO: TU 780, EQ 785 EX 776 Discover TU FICO 780. Rebuilt from 500's....closed on home May 2015!

Message 4 of 10
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

Movers are used to having to reschedule due to close dates being pushed back. It's better to be on the schedule and having to reschedule and to miss out in the likely event that you close on time.

I pushed our move back multiple times without issue.

Now, the biggest frustration for us was wasting vacation days because close kept getting pushed back.
AmEx Green NPSL | Amex BCP 16K | Citi Simplicity 10k | Discover IT 9K | Chase Slate 7.5K | Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 7K | Capital One QuickSilver 6K | Home Depot 5k | Chase Freedom 4.5K | LOC 2.5K
Message 5 of 10
peepers
Frequent Contributor

Just got the email from LO that we will have our CTC this evening, and he asked what time we wanted our appt for closing tuesday.  Attorney was free from 9:30-2:30.  Of course I was all 9:30!!!!  whew its like a ton of bricks lifted off of me.......I enjoyed that for 30 seconds before realizing we have the actual move to deal with lol.

Message 6 of 10
mwv813
New Visitor

Re: I think this week is officially my HELL week-UPDATE!

Congrats!! Awesome!!

Starting FICO 8 Score: EQ: 604 TU: 607 EX: 572 03/26/15
Current FICO 8 Score: EQ: 678 TU: 705 EX: 678 05/08/17
Goal FICO 8 Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 10
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

That's great!! Congrats!!!!
Message 8 of 10
InvincibleSummer3
Established Contributor

@peepers wrote:

Just got the email from LO that we will have our CTC this evening, and he asked what time we wanted our appt for closing tuesday.  Attorney was free from 9:30-2:30.  Of course I was all 9:30!!!!  whew its like a ton of bricks lifted off of me.......I enjoyed that for 30 seconds before realizing we have the actual move to deal with lol.

That's fantastic! And I'm in the same boat. The relief of having the loan finalized is now "OH WAIT now I have to move alllll our stuff...."

I hope it is smooth sailing for you Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 10
peepers
Frequent Contributor

You too!!!!! But at least we will be dealing with something 100% (well maybe 98.5%) in our control!

I just want to give this forum a huge hug. And the rebuilding forum. It's been a long 8 year journey to get to ths point. I know as soon as we walk in house first time I will just cry. For years we would talk about "someday"... And that someday happens in 5 days!!!

Sidenote: our only uw condition was a copy of the cancelled earnest money check 😃

Thanks everyone!

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.