Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IRS Transcript Instead of W-2?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

IRS Transcript Instead of W-2?

I have an accepted offer and now am getting my ducks in a row for financing the home (closing November 9). The lender (Wells Fargo) wants my W-2s from 2011 and 2010. I have been with my current employer since June 25, 2010 and I have all W-2 info from my current employer, but I am missing a 2010 W-2 from a prior employer. I would rather not contact the prior employer. My question is: will Wells Fargo accept an IRS transcript from 2010 in lieu of the missing W-2 from that year? Or, must I pay the $57.00 to the IRS and wait 60 days to get the "official copy" of everything? Any help would be much appreciated.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Re: IRS Transcript Instead of W-2?

@Anonymous wrote:

I have an accepted offer and now am getting my ducks in a row for financing the home (closing November 9). The lender (Wells Fargo) wants my W-2s from 2011 and 2010. I have been with my current employer since June 25, 2010 and I have all W-2 info from my current employer, but I am missing a 2010 W-2 from a prior employer. I would rather not contact the prior employer. My question is: will Wells Fargo accept an IRS transcript from 2010 in lieu of the missing W-2 from that year? Or, must I pay the $57.00 to the IRS and wait 60 days to get the "official copy" of everything? Any help would be much appreciated.

that would be a good question for your lender.

Retired Lender
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.