Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IRS needs HUD 1 statement

tag
ineedcreditbad
Regular Contributor

IRS needs HUD 1 statement

Guys,

After filing my 1040X in May to receive my 8K, I found out today the IRS needs a copy of my HUD 1 statement before they release my credit. As I was going through my paperwork I found out the clerk at the closing office gave us all the closing documents that bears no signatures of myself or the other party, I am not sure why that happen.

Isn't my lawyer suppose to give me a set of copies of all the documents I signed at the time of closing with my signature on them along with the other parties?

Ed

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Re: IRS needs HUD 1 statement

Unless it's a law in your state, there is no requirement for you to get a copy of the docs you signed at the closing, unsigned or signed.  It's nice if they do, and you can certainly ask they do and most likely they'd oblige, but no law that I know of requires them to send you copies of everything you signed.  You can contact your closing attorney to get a stamped certified copy of the Final HUD-1 if the one you have won't meet IRS's requirements.
Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 2 of 3
ineedcreditbad
Regular Contributor

Re: IRS needs HUD 1 statement

Shane,

As always thanks for the advise.

Regards

Ed
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.