Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas for financing for my situation?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ideas for financing for my situation?

Ok guys, this forum is the home of the experts, so I'm turning to you!

I'm desperately looking for a lender/bank for a purchase mortgage. The bad: I have a foreclosure on my credit. The good: my assets are larger than what the loan amount would be, and would use these assets to back the loan.

I'm only a few months away from the 3 year mark on the foreclosure and at that point could go FHA, but for a number of personal reasons need to buy before then. Purchase price would be between $180-$200K, and I can do 10-15% down. Credit score is not great but ok (629). My front-end ratio is at or below 28%, and my back-end ratio is only around 34% (I have no outstanding debt). I was recently approved for Social Security Disability and I am guaranteed this income for the next 7 years (they review cases every 7 years, but my disability is permanent so I can safely say this will continue indefinitely). So no risk of loss of income.

I'm in Minnesota. Can anyone point me to a lender that won't screw me on interest/costs, yet approve me with the foreclosure still on my record for a few more months? Again, this loan would be fully backed by my assets. I also have a co-signer available with stellar credit and large assets, but I realize that doesn't negate the foreclosure issue, so that may be a mute point.

I'm open to credit unions, portfolio loans, and maybe even a private investor as long as it's reasonable (already went down that path with a local guy and his terms were a joke!).

Let me stress this would be a short term loan. At MOST, 6 months. At which point I would refi out if this.

Specific names of people/ loan officers would be greatly appreciated (vs. advice to just "contact local banks").

A major thank you in advance to anyone who can help me!!!!
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Ideas for financing for my situation?

I know when I got close to clearing the 2 year mark on my Bk, the lenders allowed me move forward as long as closing date was after the 2 year time line. Unless you absolutely have to close in less than 90 days or so I don't see why this may not be an option for you
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.