cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If I wasn't so out of shape, I would be doing cartwheels right now.

tag
lwestling

If I wasn't so out of shape, I would be doing cartwheels right now.

After five years of working towards home ownership, I just got off the phone with our loan officer.....WE ARE OFFICIALLY PRE-APPROVED!!!!! I am, like, giddy. I am so full of energy and adrenaline, I think I could carry my refrigerator up the stairs with my teeth. Ha!

Our loan officer (VA) is super thorough up front and said that everything looks great and he doesn't see any possible issues that would prevent us from making it through to the end (but, of course, there are always unforseen things that could come up, so be happy but cautious. lol). He did warn me that we will probably go a few rounds with the underwriter requesting more documentation, etc. but that's normal and we are in really good shape financially and credit-wise.

I've been mainly a lurker here but I've taken away some excellent advice and it played a huge part in getting to this point. So thank you all!

Now, pardon me while I go strap my car to my back and run around the neighborhood a few times. Squeee!!!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
techgirl
Frequent Contributor

Re: If I wasn't so out of shape, I would be doing cartwheels right now.

You've done well to get your loan officer to begin looking through everything now so there are now surprises! Good job! Congrats!Smiley Happy

05/12: approx 680 across the board
04/08 EQ: 730 TU: 748 EX: 718
03/08: EQ: 713 TU: ? EX: ?
12/07: EQ: 689 TU: 711 EX: 721
Message 2 of 6
hankejp
New Contributor

Do you mind sharing who your VA lender is?  Is it a national lender?

Congrats

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would be interested in who your lender is as well.  Our LO assured us we were good to go on our VA loan.  His exact wordsd were "You can go buy a house tomorrow!".

Then we were denied after being under contract and inspection done.

Next  time we need someone who will go over everything before we even think of making an offer on anything.

Message 4 of 6
Booner72
Senior Contributor

If you are looking for a recommendation:  if Academy Mortgage is in your state, they were wonderful to me.  They made sure everything was fully done before it went to the UW, just came back with a couple of dumb things and the next day after conditions we were clear to close.  If you are in Oregon, PM me, I have a contact for you.

My LO spent 2 days on my file before issuing the preapproval letter.  She made sure I qualified for the FHA guidelines, and their guidelines.  She emailed me or called me everyday.  If it wasn't for her I would have had to be locked in the loony bin!!

Good Luck!

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 5 of 6
JusdoNit
Established Contributor

You can always skip around the meadow.

Starting Score: 722
Current Score: Now 687 what the hockey sticks...from a 784 (Aug 12 EX 751 EQ Fico)
Goal Score: 800

If your outGo is more than your INcome than your UpKeep will become your downFALL.

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.