cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If a broker pulls your credit report, does the underwriter/mortgage company have to pull it again.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

If a broker pulls your credit report, does the underwriter/mortgage company have to pull it again.

And how long is the pull good?  The problem I am having is a couple weeks ago my report was pulled by a broker.  I got an alert from scorewatch yesterday that a company put a hit on my credit report stating I wrote out a bad  check last year.  I was in contact with them and my old bank, trying to investigate if I actually wrote out the check.  Then they blindsided me with a mark on my report.  This was after the Broker said he can probably help me.  Will they go back and look at my report and see this? 
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Re: If a broker pulls your credit report, does the underwriter/mortgage company have to

For an existing home the credit report is good up to 120 days, at which point it would need to be repulled again.  For new construction it's good up to 180 days.
Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.