cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In Underwriting- Nervous..Excited..Anxious..Allof the Above!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: In Underwriting- Nervous..Excited..Anxious..Allof the Above!

I am now irritated. Closing should be today however I am at work. Not only is my closing post poned because the title company just figured out I didn't have groud rent but the LO is asking me for paperwork the Processor already has. 1.

1. Is no one on the same page

2. How many uw teams are working on my file

3. Once they find something and have to stop do they start from scratch again or from where they stoped.

I am so irritated with the whole think I want to pull the plug. Get my earnest money back and forget about it. I tried this 5 years ago, didn't get the house ( and I guess with the housing market that was a good thing) but I hadn't tried again until just know and on a whim.

I understand its me trying to get money from them but for people with experience with this wouldn't they know what should be in the file so that I can be processed all at one time.

I'm not that frustrated about closing on time. I had a feeling it wouldn't happen today. But I am severely irritated about recending the same paperwork over and over and over again.

(just venting)

3/29 Paperwork just going to final underwriting.

Message 31 of 46
ReBuildingAgn
Regular Contributor

I for one am tired of stalking my email. I gave the LP what they needed on March 12 and asked for an update last Friday and crickets. Nada, nothing. They clearly don't feel the need to answer me. So now I'm just trying to maintain my patience. Doesn't matter anyway because my sales rep called and told me they have to move closing back a week because my cabinets are on backorder.

Good vibes and prayers to you all!!

;Starting Score: Low 500s FICO Aug 2008
Current Score: EQ 668 EX 723 TU 723 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 720s Across the Board! Almost there!

Cap1 NHR ($1250), GE Rooms2Go ($4k), WalMart Discover ($3250), Barclay's Rewards MC ($2k), Amex BCE ($5K), Kohl's ($1K), Chase Freedom ($3K), Discover More ($1K)
Message 32 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was thinking I was alone with this, I gave my documents to my LP a little over two weeks ago and heard nothing.  I keep calling my mortgage broker because the LP will not answer or return calls, he finally tells me they need more information on my husband's income for 2010 (he's a permanent resident and had foreign income for most of 2010).  We had all the documents but I'm a little mad that I had to call the mortgage broker to get an update.  This was last week, called again on Monday and the mortgage broker said we needed " a little patience"...I almost jumped through the phone at him.  We're still waiting to hear if the underwriter accepted the documents...very worried because I'm not sure if I should extend my current lease for a few weeks, look for another apartment (just got a dog and he needs space), or just wait to hear back.  I'm terrible at this because I like planning ahead.  Good luck to everyone!

Message 33 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I was thinking I was alone with this, I gave my documents to my LP a little over two weeks ago and heard nothing.  I keep calling my mortgage broker because the LP will not answer or return calls, he finally tells me they need more information on my husband's income for 2010 (he's a permanent resident and had foreign income for most of 2010).  We had all the documents but I'm a little mad that I had to call the mortgage broker to get an update.  This was last week, called again on Monday and the mortgage broker said we needed " a little patience"...I almost jumped through the phone at him.  We're still waiting to hear if the underwriter accepted the documents...very worried because I'm not sure if I should extend my current lease for a few weeks, look for another apartment (just got a dog and he needs space), or just wait to hear back.  I'm terrible at this because I like planning ahead.  Good luck to everyone!

I understand that statement all too well!!

Message 34 of 46
ReBuildingAgn
Regular Contributor

So do I! I'm a planning fiend. Well I just got an email from the Loan Processor telling me she's submitting my file to underwriting on Monday. I guess for the past 3 weeks it's been in queue I'm assuming. Does anyone know how long that takes?

Cap1 NHR ($1250), GE Rooms2Go ($4k), WalMart Discover ($3250), Barclay's Rewards MC ($2k), Amex BCE ($5K), Kohl's ($1K), Chase Freedom ($3K), Discover More ($1K)
Message 35 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

Our file was submitted either late Wed or early Thursday, they told me 2 to 3 days after the file is received, so I'm guessing Monday for me. Hopefully it goes quickly for you!

Message 36 of 46
jb1095
Valued Member

My appraisal came back today.  All looks good except a minor error regarding how much the seller is contributing towards closing costs but that will be correted and back at the lender within a couple hours.  My LO says we are good to close on Friday, April 13th, or possibly next Friday depending on USDA trun around time.  The formal approved packet is being scanned to the USDA office on MOnday morning.

Wish me luck all!!!

Message 37 of 46
ReBuildingAgn
Regular Contributor

Good Luck Everyone! Sending good vibes your way. My place is new construction and my closing date was pushed from 4/20 to 4/27 because the cabinets are on back order. Wish me luck! Not sure how long this underwriting process will take and what conditions they'll come back with.

Message 38 of 46
jjmtmj126
Established Member

We just signed FHA papers yesterday, and our file goes to underwriting either today or Monday.  LO said we should have an "approved with conditions" by next Friday, I HOPE!  I'm so nervous they will come back with denied!  Our closing is set for May 14th.  ughhh. I'm going crazy not knowing!  

Message 39 of 46
ReBuildingAgn
Regular Contributor

I'm with JJ, I'm afraid it'll come back as denied as well Smiley Sad

Message 40 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.