Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In Underwriting..so worried/nervous :(

tag
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

Re: In Underwriting..so worried/nervous :(

When my file went into UW, it took a couple days to come out. Then I had to get my conditions in order and it went back in, final underwriting took a day.

Message 11 of 16
foofighter74
Established Contributor

I'm sorry to hear about that, berlinbear, but i'm not surprised.

Generalization is never a good idea, but from my experience...the people involved in this process do not get things done with the same urgency that hopeful home buyers expect them to.  It's their every day job, and they arent' as invested in the process as the buyer is.  To a certain extent, that should be expected. But there is a laziness that I have seen among some lenders, brokers, etc, that mystifies me. 

Our loan officer is sort of, well, eccentric.  She's an older woman, completely positive, has no concerns about the loan, but getting a straight answer about a simple thing is sometimes difficult because she has 50 things going on in her head. 

My wife just got a new job.  We had a letter from her new company stating her salary, start date, etc, but when we applied last thursday, we didn't have a pay stub yet. We got her first one on friday.  So i faxed it to our loan officer and sent a follow up email to let her know i sent it.  Didn't hear anything back.

So yesterday i sent her an email simply saying "Can you confirm you got the fax i sent you on friday."

I get a one word email response back 20 minutes later. It read simply "No."   Really?  Were you going to tell me you didnt' receive it? Or just wait until an underwriter asked for it and possibly delay things?

So i resent the fax after she confirmed her fax number and then sent another email " Can you confirm you received it this time."  I get no reply for 3 hours.  When she does reply, the email simply says "Thanks for your help."

Not, "yes i got it," but, "thanks for your help."

Wow. lol

Message 12 of 16

Wow is right...I would think that the agents would want to get this thing moving and closed, since their livelyhood depends on it....unless they are soooo swamped that they don't care....but in the end it's me that provides their paycheck for buying the house, so a bit of a sense of urgency would be appreciated from them.....and I am sure the sellers want this off their books too sooner then later, banks like money not houses!

Message 13 of 16
foofighter74
Established Contributor

Sadly, in too many cases, we are just another file to them. I haven't seen a sense of urgency or motivation really in anyone i've dealt with in this process beyond our sales representative. 

Message 14 of 16

I guess we are at the mercy of a whole bunch of people and having to depend on them to get things done in a timely manner....ugh not liking this at all....Smiley Sad Hopefully they will get their act together and get this form signed and over to the lender asap today.

Message 15 of 16
foofighter74
Established Contributor

I'm sure it will get done.  But timeliness, I've discovered, is often not part of the equation.  Their are plenty of hard working people who take their jobs and customers seriously, and honestly try and get everything done as quickly as possible.  But they aren't the norm. 

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.