cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In other news... USDA Direct almost there!

tag
SuzyStellar
Contributor

In other news... USDA Direct almost there!

So in case anyone has been following our journey. 

We found a house way out f our price range, but got the sellers to come down to something we could afford, but then lost it to a cash buyer, who then decided not to take the house and let go of his contract, then it was offered back to us, and we got our certificate that said our number was actually $20,000 lower than we thought it would have been (ouch) so it was sold to the next offer ehhh

Now, even though I have been working on my credit, things keep coming out of nowhere ( even though I placed a freeze on my reports a month ago) so my husband is the only one who will be on the mortgage.  THey said they will only use my income to figure out the monthly payments, but not change our main qualification number of $130,000.

We found a nice place after getting the certificate that is set to expire on April 6, 2012

Put an offer on it March 11 (Our 4 month anniversary)!

The offer was accepted on March 13

We have a signed contract today!

Our loan officer from the USDA said to wait to get the inspection, or anything till I got instructions from him probably next week.

I am so excited!  Ya know I guess everyone is right and this is the one that was meant to be..Knocking on wood, no jinx, knocking on wood again!!!...lol

Thanks everyone!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: In other news... USDA Direct almost there!

Great news!!!

On the inspection-check your contract. I had 10 days to do mine after signed purchase offer. You don't want to lose that option by waiting.

I can see why they say wait-because the expense is out of your pocket. It's a catch 22.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.