Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In the last few weeks before final credit pull

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

In the last few weeks before final credit pull

I have been working so hard to get my credit rebuilt back up for purchasing my home. I am due to close on December 16th and I received a notice today from Synchrony Bank/Care Credit that they closed my account. I have had the account for a little over a year paid it on time and paid all purchases before the interest would be added. I am hoping this is not going to reduce my score. 

Loan Officer will be pulling my final score in a few weeks and this is stressing me out as I was hoping my mid score would stay at 620 or above to receive down payment assistance. Any advice???

FICO 8         EQ 615  TU 651  EX 642

Mortgage    EQ 615  TU 622  EX 634

5 REPLIES 5
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

Re: In the last few weeks before final credit pull

Have you called them to see if they will reconsider/reopen it for you?!       If it was a newly added card it may help by raising your AAoA, but if it was one that you had for years it could hurt losing that length :/

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I opened the card in October 2017 so this month would have been 2 years. 

Message 3 of 6
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Have you checked your utilization % before and after with and without the Care Credit credit line? If it did not increase your aggregate utilization beyond a scoring threshold, you'll be fine.

AAoA should remain the same. A closed card should stay on your report up to 10 years. It will still be used for FICO ageing purposes until removed.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

It changed my utilization from 2% to 4%

Message 5 of 6
AllZero
Mega Contributor

You should be fine. 8.9% is one of the thresholds. Make sure you're doing AZEO All Zero Except One card reporting a small balance eg $10-$20.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.