Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Income or DTI?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Income or DTI?

Good afternoon fellow Fico peeps!
Im curious on if the mortgage companies are more interested in your DTI, or income on pre-approval? My DTI is near 0, $44 a month for student loans, and currently waiting on my CC to arrive. Now, with that being said, my income isnt crazy, but its average around the area. I gross about $2400 a month, give or take. With the school district were looking to purchase in, their homes prices are a little higher than surrounding areas. Thanks in advanced, and looking forward from yall!
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Income or DTI?

They're basically one and the same given that one of DTI's factors is Income (speaking mathematically).

Higher income good, lower debt good, but the ratio between the two of them determines how much house you can afford.  You gave your stats but also mentioned, or at least what I'm reading, "we're" which suggests a second borrower too.

If you're together on the purchase, both incomes count for DTI purposes, though so do both debts heh.

        
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.