Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interest rates rising

tag
dynamicvb
Valued Contributor

Interest rates rising

I heard on the news that the fed is expected to raise rates on the 12th. My potential closing date is the 18th. Does this mean the rate I was given when I app,ied most likely going to go up before my close?

Started Rebuild 4/2018: EX 616| TU 604| EQ 621

Current 5/28/20:

First Goal Score: 750+ Reached 3/2019

Next Goal all over 800
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

Re: Interest rates rising

I assume you have a "lock in" and if so, no your rate is set. I can't imagine going to closing with the rate set at "market value" closing, so I'm pretty sure you are good to go at your quoted rate. 

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

i am going through the process now. our lender gave us a 90 day rate lock.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mortgage rates are not determined by the federal interest rate. May have some indirect effect over time but you shouldn't worry at this point. Depending on your mortgage, the rate you lock in with now will stay the life of the loan.
Message 4 of 5
NC_Mtg_Loaner
Valued Contributor

Look at the US 10 YR Treasury Bond Yield for the direction of mortgage rates.  

Depending on your credit score, loan amount, loan program and what not, you could likely add 1.5 to 2.0% to the US 10 Yr. Bond yield rate and you'll see that as typically what a mortgage bank may be offering it's clients--more or less. 

Thanks to Italy, you're not likely to see mortgage rates go any higher after retreating an eighth to a quarter earlier this week.

Licensed NC Mortgage Loan Originator
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.