cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interested in a home , first time buyer.. help.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Interested in a home , first time buyer.. help.

Hello everyone , I am new here so I have a few questions about buying a home for a first time basically if my scores are strong enough to get approved or have to get them higher My fico 8 credit scores are Equifax (807) , Transunion (794) , Experian (798) , and my fico scores 25,4, and 2 are Equifax (781) , Transunion (759) ,  Experian (782) , and on top of that I have 2 auto loans financed right now as well ones 30k & the other 34k still , so pretty much what are my approval oddds? Also had my only credit card at 8,200 of 26,900 credit limit but I paid it off last week so that is at 0 & my only credit card.

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Interested in a home , first time buyer.. help.

Any help? Thanks
Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your scores are fine but what is your income and how much of a down payment would you have?

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

It is 65k year , 25k downpayment ?
Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I should have asked you this before but what price range are you looking into for your home?

Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well , I do live in California . In the area I live houses range from 400-700k no less unless you’re buying a really bad home . So honestly , I wouldn’t know . Was thinking 500k maybe 6?
Message 6 of 15
JVille
Valued Contributor

Your monthly income is $5400 what are your pmts on those 2 cars and minimum pmt on other debt? Student Loans????
You need to sit down with a local lender who is recommended by friend, family or co-workers and have a reality check and come up with a game plan as to what you CAN do. Do you have a significant other who also has a monthly income?

Great FICO scores can not over come or negate your DTI.
Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can search online for mortgage calculators but I just entered those numbers to get some ballpark figures. A $500k home with $25k down will cost you right at $3k per month (includes property taxes, mortgage insurance & home owners insurance). The standard DTI goals for mortgage approval are 31% front end/ 43% back end. That means that the monthly cost of your mortgage ($3k) cannot be more than 31% of your gross monthly income. In order to get approved for a mortgage with a monthly payment of $3k your monthly gross income will need to be around $9,700. There can be some wiggle room depending on lenders however you will need to be somewhat close to that. 

Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JVille wrote:
Your monthly income is $5400 what are your pmts on those 2 cars and minimum pmt on other debt? Student Loans????
You need to sit down with a local lender who is recommended by friend, family or co-workers and have a reality check and come up with a game plan as to what you CAN do. Do you have a significant other who also has a monthly income?

Great FICO scores can not over come or negate your DTI.

700 on both , so about 1,400 ... no other debt right now just those 2 auto loans , no student debt. Yes , my wifes income .

Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

You can search online for mortgage calculators but I just entered those numbers to get some ballpark figures. A $500k home with $25k down will cost you right at $3k per month (includes property taxes, mortgage insurance & home owners insurance). The standard DTI goals for mortgage approval are 31% front end/ 43% back end. That means that the monthly cost of your mortgage ($3k) cannot be more than 31% of your gross monthly income. In order to get approved for a mortgage with a monthly payment of $3k your monthly gross income will need to be around $9,700. There can be some wiggle room depending on lenders however you will need to be somewhat close to that. 

thank you

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.