cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it even possible get a mortgage loan??

tag
ipp2311

Is it even possible get a mortgage loan??

My husband and I own our home free and clear, worth about $250,000. We have had some financial difficulties which caused our credit scores to plummet. Both of us have FICO scores of between 560-600. Are there any options out there?  

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

Re: Is it even possible get a mortgage loan??

Are you thinking liek a refi? im sure you can.... but not with those scores i dont think unfortunately... Smiley Sad 

My credit journey has completed. I am currently sitting at 800+ across the board.

I started my journey here years ago, and thanks to MyFico, it really is possible.
Message 2 of 4
lpayton
Regular Contributor

My guess is yes, because of the amount of equity you have. I am not a lender though, so I don't know for sure.

Message 3 of 4
aussiesareforever
Established Contributor

Can you work on cleaning up your credit over the next year or two. With an additional 40 points (which may be obtained by paying down some TL), you should be able to qualify for an FHA loan

BK in January 2008---Barclay's Apple Financing Card ($10,000) --- Capital One Quicksilver ($13,000)--- Platinum Delta Skymiles ($35,000) --- GEMB CareCredit ($10,000) --- AUFCU ($10000)---Discover IT ($33,000)

Experian 835 Transunion 828-- August 2018
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.