cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it normal for a loan officer to do this......

tag
violetsmom
Regular Contributor

Re: Is it normal for a loan officer to do this......

I could have written this post myself. Ugh. We started in November and while we were getting approved to start building she was in contact quite often. But now that we are waiting for the house she cannot be bothered to reply to (the at least 6) emails I have sent in the last 5 weeks or so. Or answer voice mails. She sucks. Not even a quick "we don't need to worry about that now", so rude. I do believe that she will do her job and the loan will go through buy I feel the same way, I do t want to piss her off to the point she sabotages our deal. The lender is partially owned by the builder.
Message 11 of 43
luckyashes04
New Contributor

Violetsmom.....I wonder by chance if we have the same LO, we have the exact same situation.

After I posted this today, the LO assistant emailed me back letting me know that we should have an answer of pre approval back in March sometime....well ummm hate to burst their bubble  but we HAVE to know by end of March if we get approved or not that way we know what to tell our apartment if we need to renew our lease or if we are moving.  I will give them till March 12, then I will demand an answer. I dont understand why it woud take that long for them to give us a pre approval,  I wonder if it is because it a house that is being built and they know they have sevearal months to get the loan process done.

Oh well. We are headed to Disney World tomorrow so I am not going to think about it and have a wonderful time enjoying our family vacation!!

Message 12 of 43
jkwheaton78
Regular Contributor

You guys aren't alone I have a very similar situation. I got an automated email the other day letting me know that after closing I would get a survey and If I felt I could not rate them a 10 to let them know immediately. I emailed them and said as a first timer I felt that there communication basically sucked. I immediately got responses to all the questions I had been asking and just a complete different attitude. Much friendlier to me now even though I am sure they hate me.

Starting Score: 553
Current Score: 710
Goal Score: 659

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

8/18/2012 Lender Pull:
EX:659
EQ: 553
TU: 520
Goal: 659
Message 13 of 43
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

Did they fix the closing date for you.

Message 14 of 43
jkwheaton78
Regular Contributor

Yes! The loan officer apparently hasn't paid any attention to the updates so now we are back in match but closer to the end of the month. As long as its before April 1 I am good.

Starting Score: 553
Current Score: 710
Goal Score: 659

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

8/18/2012 Lender Pull:
EX:659
EQ: 553
TU: 520
Goal: 659
Message 15 of 43
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

Yes!! I am glad to hear they fixed it.

Message 16 of 43
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

Short answer, no...the LO shouldn't be blowing off your calls. I also went through a builder's lender and my LO was extremely responsive when i called him and I had my Realtor calling both the builder and the LO frequently for status. You need a realtor. The biggest false assumption about new construction homes is a realtor and inspector are not needed. Our realtor also bought us an additional 4 year warranty on the house at closing. And he negotiated a $500 credit at closing from the builder to cover over 50% of the cost of a Radon Mitigation system. Our private inspector uncovered extremely high Radon levels in our home which can cause lung cancer. Radon doesn't discriminate between old and new homes. it depends on the soil the house was built on and how sealed the house is. If the builder said your home is extremely energy efficient...you definitely want to test for Radon. Schedule your inspection before the preliminary walkthrough. Give the report to the builder and negotiate what issues the builder will take care of. Our inspector also found missing/damaged shingles, and a small gas leak coming from the water heater.

The builder will pay the realtor...not you.
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 17 of 43
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

I believe that OP you also live in Colorado. So please please test for Radon...it is a very dangerous odorless gas that attacks your lungs with radioactive material when inhaled. The builder's in CO won't test and mitigate for you. If your home was built with a sump pit in the basement, you can get it mitigated for $850. PM me if you want the contact info of the company I used.
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 18 of 43
luckyashes04
New Contributor

I will get in touch with the realtor...our sales lady set us up with a realtor, who is actually paying 1% of our closing costs for us.  I will contact her and see if she can help us. Thank you.

Message 19 of 43
luckyashes04
New Contributor

I wished I lived in Colorado...its beautiful. However I live in Texas...lol

Message 20 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.