Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it really happening this time?!

tag
DR527
Regular Contributor

Is it really happening this time?!

It seems like its been a while since I was on the forums last. Ill share this quick story before I call it a night. My wife and I have been trying to buy a home for years now. Timing has been a problem, money has been a problem, but our biggest WALL has always been CREDIT! If one step forward and three steps back were people, we would be Mr & Mrs Steps. But this time everything seemed to line up. A house that we had passed on months before. Was completely flipped by the owners after sitting on the market. New everything (turnkey). After seeing the place just once for less then a hour. We decided to put an offer in. Its been a while since we were pre-approved so we called up our favorite new bank(Navy Federal). After just 45 mins over the PHONE. We had a pre-approved email in hand. We had inspection last week and a appraisal Thursday. Our closing date is set for February 24th. My wife and I haven't told anyone yet. We have been down this road before, she wants to wait until closer to the closing date to tell people. And I want to wait until the keys are in our hands LOL. Not even our kids have seen the house yet, we don't want to disappoint them again. I really wanted to tell someone, so now I've told all of you. P.S yesterday while talking about packing and moving. Our landlord called and said that they were selling our house. To someone who wanted to flip it. So we now, OUT OF THE BLUE have until the end of February to be out LOL. God is that YOU?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Re: Is it really happening this time?!

Congrats and I hope everything goes smoothly, which I am sure it willSmiley Happy

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 2 of 10
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations!!!

Message 3 of 10
Medic981
Valued Contributor

Congratulations!

Your FICO credit scores are not just numbers, it’s a skill.
Message 4 of 10
Peazmom
Frequent Contributor

Don’t ya just love it when the stars align?  Congrats to you and your DW!  Can’t wait until you post about about a successful closing with keys in hand!

Starting FICO 8 December 2017

FICO 8 as of 6/7/20

Sock Drawer:

Message 5 of 10
newfossil
Valued Contributor

Congratulations!

Starting score - May 2018

April 2021

AAoA - 1 year 6 months
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! This is music to my ears! My husband and I have been dealing with the same thing for the last three consecutive years. This time we are closer than we have ever been. We are waiting until Aprilish to apply for pre-approval and hope to June or July if we find something quickly. We don't plan to tell anyone until it is finalized! I don't want to jinx anything. You give me hope!

Message 7 of 10
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

I sure do hope everything works out for you -- good luck!!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!  Talk about Divine Intervention!  Please keep us posted on your process!

Message 9 of 10
DR527
Regular Contributor

I figured I give a Update. 

I'll start off by saying we were able to buy our first home. And we were able to move out of our rental in time. About a week after I wrote my first post. My landlord brought a buyer by to look at my place. The next day there was a sold sign in the yard. I don't know why but everytime we move it get more and more expensive 😂. Closing actually went smoothly. You hear almost horror stories about all the papers you have to sign. And how long it takes. Honestly we signed about 50-60 papers and it took about 50 minutes to go over everything, with us stopping to ask questions. Navy Federal was amazing all the way up to the end, then they got kind of weird. Navy Federal sent over the funds for the loan. But they wouldn't release our funds in our checking account for closing, until after we closed? But the title company wouldn't let us close until they had the money. No lie. The Broker called Navy Fed and had her secretary on hold the entire time with them while we signed. They faxed over all the forms to Navy, besides the last one giving us the house. After Navy Fed sent the wire the title company allowed us to sign for the house. 

The house was newly remodeled, but from the first night we moved in we had water trouble. The first night after trying to wash some clothes while we unpacked. We went down stairs to find water puring out from what we thought was a pipe in garage ceiling. We called our realtor immediately. And he actually sent a plumber over. Turns out the movers had opened up the drain in front of the washer. To lighten it up. And they never retighten it. Smh All the water was from what was leaking from the washer underneath upstairs. We got that fixed and dried. The next morning when we got up. The down stairs bathroom and hall were covered with water. We called another plumber who came out and tried to figure out where the water was coming from. Turns out our downstairs toilet was pruning out water from the bottom of it. WHENEVER ANY WATER IN THE WHOLE HOUSE WAS USED! Smh. This went on for days. No Showers, no washing dishes, and washing clothes. We spent last Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday on the phone with everyone from the Sellers agent, to our agent, home insurance, home inspector, warranty company. And two more plumber. Oh it's been fun. Driving kids to the gas station in the morning to used the bathroom. The reason for so many plumbers was partly shopping price after a few didn't know what the reason was. Turns out. The reason was outside. Our main drain had broken. The guess is that it was partly on and came completely off once we started tuning lots of water. House sat empty for a while. We were able to get a guy last second. Like ten minutes before midnight on Thursday. To move quick and get the permits and everything needed to come the next morning and dig up our backyard and replace our broken main drain. 😩

if you are still reading this. Grab some popcorn. Because now it's about to get good. Apparently our main drain problem, once this guy sent the information in for the permits. Sent out a red alert. To everyone in the township. We were visited all night to about 2 am. By different people who had to spray paint off their wires on our lawn. So the guy digging didn't hit anything. The digging guy showed early and ready to go. He hits the power for the septic system pump. The marking on our lawn were completely wrong. But the township came out and refused to take blame for it anyway. They said they are allowed to be off by law 18in. Where he hit was close to that. But their actual markings were about 6-7 ft off from where they should had been. Picture this, The digger guy and his partner, two guys from the township, UGI, and a guy from Verizon. All out back in my yard Friday morning screaming at each other about who is going to sue whom. This actually carried on for about a half an hour. That whole situation with m guessing is still being worked out amongst them. The digger guy called a electrician to come out and fixed the wires. The city came back that day check the system. They put a new panel and motherboard on the side of our house. The moment they started up the system. You could hear the pump just die😢. The city removed the pump in the septic tank along with the power supply. Our entire system besides the big tank buried under ground is brand new. 😂  

On a side note. My wife and I. Order some blinds from Lowe's. Shortly after the first post I made. Lowe's promised us that ordering custom would not only be cheaper but it would come sooner. We paid to have to installed and everything. We were told about an hour after we closed that our blinds would be two weeks out. They showed up Monday. And after pleading with Lowe's to installed them that day. We were given tomorrow between 2-4. So no more bathroom and bedrooms windows with nothing on them😱😩. This has been one of the most stressful few days in my life. But we are still thanking God. And still happy to be home owners. I'm sure I left something out. But I will definitely keep you guys updated on the crazy. 

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.