cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a "slightly less than conventional" loan category?

tag
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Re: Is there a "slightly less than conventional" loan category?

@iv wrote:

@DallasLoanGuy wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

This is good to know as well.....I thought the 97% was income restricted.  It may not help with a crazy interest rate, but it's still an option.  Thanks!

it is income restricted. last i checked.

Two options - one has an income restriction (HomeReady), the other requires at least one borrower to count as a "first-time home buyer".

i seem to remember that now. i think option 2 is kind of new?

Retired Lender
Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DallasLoanGuy wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

This is good to know as well.....I thought the 97% was income restricted.  It may not help with a crazy interest rate, but it's still an option.  Thanks!

with your income though, a down payment shouldnt be a problem. just wait a few more months.

i didnt understand the part about interest rates.

Everything I have read so far suggests that unless you have scores in the high 700s that your interest rate with a conventional loan will be much higher than an FHA, and that the PMI rate will be much higher as well.  I just want it all---jumbo loan, low down payment, low interest rate and credit scores that are just "good."  Is that too much to ask for, lol??

Message 12 of 16
cmony787
Regular Contributor

Similar boat....you been able to find any good alternatives?
Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@DallasLoanGuy wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

with your income though, a down payment shouldnt be a problem. just wait a few more months.

i didnt understand the part about interest rates.

Everything I have read so far suggests that unless you have scores in the high 700s that your interest rate with a conventional loan will be much higher than an FHA, and that the PMI rate will be much higher as well.  I just want it all---jumbo loan, low down payment, low interest rate and credit scores that are just "good."  Is that too much to ask for, lol??

What state are you in?

Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

California--Orange County now, but looking in an area that includes a slice of San Bernardino Cty, Orange and LA Counties. 

Message 15 of 16
Calidreaming
Regular Contributor

I am in about the same position as you 2kids2cats. I am strongly leaning toward NFCU's Homebuyer Choice program.  I'm going to be contacting mortgage brokers this week to see if there are any more possibilities and will update.

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.