Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this a good deal first time buyer

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is this a good deal first time buyer

I  am expected to close on house this week. I got a 30 year fixed with 100% financing at a 6.8 interest rate and the seller is paying all closing cost 3,000. My mid score at the time was 655.  Shane or any mortgage experts is greatly appreciated. Also I leave in Louisville, Ky Thanks!!!
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Re: Is this a good deal first time buyer

Considering that there are now FICO score adjustments for scores lower than a 720 & LTV's over 60%, and PMI on 100% conventional financing is no longer available as of about a week ago - you got an excellent deal compared to what you would qualify for if you started the process today.
Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much Shane, I feel more confident about my loan. We close on this Thursday at 3:00.  I will finally become a homeowner. 
Message 3 of 5
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Congrats!
Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Send that loan offer my way.  It's a shame the lenders had to ruin it for everybody...I want 100% financing...

After playing around with some mortgage calculators, it made me realize this is probably a good thing.  We should have some equity in our homes starting out...not building it over years.  5% is a good minimum, any less and you're increasing the likelihood of default as the person isn't "invested."
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.