cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this a good sign towards final approval?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is this a good sign towards final approval?

We are doing a refinance from a HELOC into a mortgage.   We have been credit approved.  We supplied our additional documents last week and are waiting on the underwriters to give us final approval.  They have had our file since last Tueday.  I called our LO today and he said that have requested final payoff.

I just want to hear the words that we have received final approval and can schedule our closing.

Does this sound like a good thing?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
BrianB_The_Loan_Professor
Valued Contributor

Re: Is this a good sign towards final approval?

Just means they are working on it - so it is neither good news or bad news - good if you consider how backed up things are these days - at least you are at the top of the stack and being worked on - 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Brian B The Loan Professor
Mortgage Banker - offering FHA, VA, USDA , and Conventional mortgages in all 50 states -

If I do not respond to a follow up question please feel free to contact me directly
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you! 

Looks like we are making progress.  When I checked this morning, our HELOC showed 0.00 available so our bank received the final payoff request. 

This is tough because we are going through USAA and they are out of state.  Our LO has answered the phone everytime that I have called.  I just don't want to call too often.  He did say that our documents that they requested were minor so I guess that is good news.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

We got FINAL APPROVED today and close on Sept 2.  I am so happy.Smiley Happy  We will do our closing at our house.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.