cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's so worth it!

tag
drift3r

It's so worth it!

There were many times I thought I would give up on the mortgage and home buying process but I'm so glad I didn't. It was so worth it! I used this forum extensively when I was going through my mortgage process. I closed on my home over a year ago and I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who posts here. Reading everyone's stories was so encouraging to me and helped me realize my dream of home ownership. A year later I'm so happy with the biggest purchase I will ever make and I wish the same for all of you!!! Happy home buying!  

My Scores as of May 20, 2015
Experian - 757
Trans - 769
Equifax - 754

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: It's so worth it!

I agree completely. We just closed on our first home earlier this month and don't know if I could have survived the process without the encouragement and entertainment found here. We had a fairly smooth process but reading and responding to posts here of people going through the same thing sure helped the waiting be more tolerable. Eternally grateful to the regulars on here and all the advice from everyone.

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

In the process and love to see posts like this every time I get annoyed Smiley LOL

Message 3 of 11
drift3r

Congrats on your new home!!! It's so excited getting settled in. I'm also glad to hear you had a relatively smooth process. Congrats again!!!

Experian - 757
Trans - 769
Equifax - 754

Message 4 of 11
drift3r

Hang in there pfarro1!!! I hope your process goes well and a year from now you are writing a post just like this one! Smiley Happy

Experian - 757
Trans - 769
Equifax - 754

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@drift3r wrote:

Hang in there pfarro1!!! I hope your process goes well and a year from now you are writing a post just like this one! Smiley Happy

6 weeks with any luck. If I have to wait another year I will probably be bald, sitting in a corner shivering. Just got back that my seller agreed to all repair requests, so my appraisal is ordered. Tentative closing is 6-29. I however am saying no way it happens before 4th of july weekend... USDA loan = gov't work and holidays = slow going. If we get to the table on June 29th thats great, but my exuberance is tempered with an overdose of logic. And it doesn't matter too much to me, I am staying at my current place because July is hell month at both of my jobs and current place is a bit closer. Plus I can get the hardwood floors done (and the hideous salmon carpet out) without having funiture to move Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@drift3r wrote:

There were many times I thought I would give up on the mortgage and home buying process but I'm so glad I didn't. It was so worth it! I used this forum extensively when I was going through my mortgage process. I closed on my home over a year ago and I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who posts here. Reading everyone's stories was so encouraging to me and helped me realize my dream of home ownership. A year later I'm so happy with the biggest purchase I will ever make and I wish the same for all of you!!! Happy home buying!  

Very nice.  Congrats!!

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Woo! Congratulations to those done with the process! Pfarro has me cracking up with that visual! I know the feeling! We're waiting on our USDA Direct appraisal right now. I'm so afraid we'll get a tough-as-nails appraiser that won't appreciate all the renovations & awesome new roof. Please, house-buying gods that be, let us get to closing!

I completely agree about this place being a wealth of knowledge & emotional support. My 1st piece of advice when my friends say they're thinking of buying one day is to visit this forum regularly. 

You're all amazing & I thank you for keeping me sane. <3

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

BamaGuy has been meaning to ask for a while-

"So why they call ya Leavingthecity?  Y'all moving to the suburbs?"

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

BamaGuy has been meaning to ask for a while-

"So why they call ya Leavingthecity?  Y'all moving to the suburbs?"

We're going from downtown Norfolk to a small town in rural Virginia with less than 2,500 residents. 

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.